Studio One 2.5

Home Forums DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) Studio One 2.5

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    woodsdenis
    Participant

This looks very cool.

#6989 Reply
    Gus

I upgraded a few weeks ago and I’m loving this DAW. So easy to use. A very small learning curve.

#6990 Reply
    Rob (Cruciform)

I’ve been with S1 since close to their beginning. Excellent, intuitive, reliable DAW that keeps getting better with each update. Sure it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of the mature programs but that’s ok – early days. Useful features keep getting added and I’ll be happy if they continue to avoid bloat as I prefer to buy instruments and effects for myself rather than waste space on included elements that I’ll never use.

Only other DAW that interests me is the upcoming Bitwig Studio as they’ll have Kore like features such as VST nesting, modular synth setup down the track, and the Ableton Live matrix for clip arranging.

#7013 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Downloaded the demo, not the prettiest DAW but very quick and some very cool workflow ideas. will investigate further.

#7024 Reply
    Rob (Cruciform)

Yeh, definitely not the prettiest. I guess I’ve grown accustomed to that and don’t see it anymore.

#7096 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Just got this.

Pros, Very stable and good VST and AU integration. 64 bit. Quick drag and drop workflow.  Very good deals to be had with cross grades from an existing DAW.

Cons. Doesn’t have the audio/midi bells and whistles that Protools/logic/DP have but then again no legacy bloat.

Best linear writing/composition  DAW for Mac IMHO. It will never beat Protools for audio mixing and editing but I don’t think that’s its market.

#7097 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Oh I forgot the big one , Melodyne integration !!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Studio One 2.5
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us