Submitting to labels that are part of major publishers catalogue

Home Forums Newbie Questions Submitting to labels that are part of major publishers catalogue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Wall_E
    Participant

Hi everyone!

Quick question: what if I want to submit an album directly to a label that is under, let’s say, the Universal PM catalogue?

In most cases, I do albums of production music with a specific style that fits a specific catalogue but, for universal and BMG for example, you only find a super generic email address for submissions and as hard as you search on the web there are no label emails.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!

#37664 Reply
    RM90
    Participant

Hey Wall_E! When I submit to these types of libraries I like to do some research on a specific label and see if they have their own site with contact info. It is definitely a better strategy than submitting to the generic emails. See if you can find the label manager. Hope this helps.

#37665 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

In most cases, I do albums of production music with a specific style that fits a specific catalogue but, for universal and BMG for example, you only find a super generic email address for submissions and as hard as you search on the web there are no label emails.

When you go to the websites there will be a submission email. It really works, and trust me if they have something currently and/or upcoming slated that it will fit. Or if it is something they they need. They will get back to you.

Most are using “Disco” now. Make sure to leave a personalized message; and really keep it “short, to the point, humble, and positive”.

Good luck to you!!

#37666 Reply
    Wall_E
    Participant

When I submit to these types of libraries I like to do some research on a specific label and see if they have their own site with contact info. It is definitely a better strategy than submitting to the generic emails

That’s what I’m saying and that’s what I am already doing. Despite my efforts, most often I don’t seem to find any website, email, name, linkedin page, facebook page etc,

Are there any strategies I’m missing here?

#37667 Reply
    Mike Marino
    Participant

Hey Wall_E, seems like your strategy is about as full-proof as one could be. I’d say in a case like this, where you’re not finding any further information about other labels specifically, perhaps just submit your music through the main generic email and make mention of the label(s) you’re seeking. Tie that into your submission email with a personalized approach you’re likely already using.

I feel your pain! Hope that helps!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #37666 in Submitting to labels that are part of major publishers catalogue
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us