Submitting to multiple exclusive libraries

Home Forums Newbie Questions Submitting to multiple exclusive libraries

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Abby

I’m assuming the answer to the question is a big NO, but thought I’d ask to be sure…

I’m preparing a set of 10 tracks to submit to an exclusive library. Is it best professional practice to WAIT for their acceptance (or rejection) before sending off to another exclusive library for consideration?

Or, are libraries somewhat understanding if you have another set ready to go to offer them, in the event the first batch of tracks got picked up by another library? I don’t want to burn any bridges, but I also have trouble waiting months to hear back…

thanks for any advice!!

#29087 Reply
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

I send collections out to multiple publishers, and whoever has the best offer/gets back to me gets the tracks!

#29088 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I send collections out to multiple publishers, and whoever has the best offer/gets back to me gets the tracks!

That’s what I have done also.

#29090 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

That’s what I have done also.

I have been doing this as well. There is no harm in gracefully declining the offer for those Tracks/Music, and let them know that you are working on “What you feel is your best work yet” and that you will only submit it to them.. Wink, wink, wink.

#29091 Reply
    abby

Ah, I like that… choosing the best offer from among the libraries, the best one wins! And also a way to gracefully keep the door open, by offering new future tracks only for them..

thanks everyone! I wasn’t expecting to hear this.

#29092 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

This literally is “War”. They are acting like they (libraries/catalogs/stock music sites) are the only game going, and if we are not with them personally & exclusively; we are missing “The Only Boat”..

Sure, there is an “influx” of new writers; talented though? “The Real Premium are Quality, and Qualified Writers/Composers!!”

I keep saying this.. No company in their right mind wants a guy that is composing $5/$10/$15 Cues. As well, the real companies aren’t signing them. We have to stand up for ourselves; and start letting them know “Who’s REALLY Buttering The Bread!!”

#29095 Reply
    abby

yeah, I could agree with that, although it seems like the butter can’t go very far without the bread!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Submitting to multiple exclusive libraries
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us