Submitting WFH Cues after being accepted by a library

Home Forums General Questions Submitting WFH Cues after being accepted by a library

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    OverDub
    Participant

Hi all! For those who work with WFH libraries, I was wondering what your process is for submission. I have a library that likes my demos, and sent a contract. Do you send an mp3 of cues you’d like to send them, so they can decide whether or not the want them? Upload to Soundcloud so they can hear them without keeping them? Don’t know what standard procedure is, and also want to cover my back. Thanks!

#16418 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Hi OverDub,

I’ve done WFH for 35 years. It’s always been to a brief. In other words, they tell me what they want and/or need.

Have you asked the library what they want?

Congrats and Best of luck,

Michael

#16419 Reply
    OverDub
    Participant

Thanks Michael. They told me what they were looking for, and chose a few I had online. Do the libraries you work with take everything you send, in repsonse to the briefs? Do you send stems and all, before they decide? Been doing TV music for a few years, this is my first WFH deal. Nothing feels fishy, just wondering what the norm was. Thanks!

#16420 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Hi OverDub.

I’ve never had a cue flat out rejected. Once, or twice I’ve been asked to make minor revisions. If by stems, you mean edits, except for the very first “album”…(yes vinyl), I’ve always delivered full, 60, 30, 15 and bed /alternative mixes.

I’ve never delivered unmixed tracks.

They’ll tell you what they want, and how they want it. If they don’t, I’d wonder a little bit.

Michael

#16421 Reply
    OverDub
    Participant

Great. Thanks for the info!

#16422 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

When I signed with 2 or 3 libraries they asked for everything I had. Then they went through them and decided what to keep. I’m also now doing some custom composing by their request. Wish I got paid up front for this but am hoping it leads to use/income. Keep me fresh and creative too!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Reply #16420 in Submitting WFH Cues after being accepted by a library
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us