Suhr (oo other quality) Reactive Load Boxes….

Home Forums Hardware Suhr (oo other quality) Reactive Load Boxes….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ChuckMott
    Participant

ANyone here use these with Ir’s as a way of recording guitars and/or bass? I assume they can attenuate your signal going in. I’m hearing the Suhr with a good IR is equal, some say better then, micing up your guitar amp. Thoughts on this topic?

#28897 Reply
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

The reactive load is killer. I’m rocking a Fractal AX8 for pretty much all my cues writing, as well as session jobs. I have a dozen high end amps in My Studio – completely untouched for the last year I’ve had my Fractal.

#28898 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Just to be clear, there is no use for the reactive load if you are using the Fractal? How would the fractal compare with Line 6 Helix? (more like Vice Versa, I think Fractal is still considered higher end). For both recording and live use, if possible?

#28899 Reply
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

I was using a Line 6 HD 500 before the Fractal. IMO, no comparison, although the Helix is definitely on par with the AX8. You can load your own IRs into both the Fractal and Helix. I recently used the AX8 on a national tour, and fooled a Grammy award winning FOH guy into thinking I had a real blackface twin on stage!

#28900 Reply
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

To answer the first part of your question…no, there isn’t a “need” per se to have a reactive load and a modeling unit, but it sure is fun having both! Slight tonal variations are always cool!

#28901 Reply
    gdomeier
    Participant

I record my mesa boogie mark v with a rivera rock crusher. Here’s one example of that setup.

#28910 Reply
    Per Boysen
    Participant

I’m a very happy Fractal Audio AxeFx-II user. Using it at live gigs (with two active full-range speakers or line-in FOH) as well as in the studio, where it also doubles up as the audio interface for computers. Works great not only for guitars but also with dual output instruments like electric harp guitar or CHapman Stick, where you typically run two parallel virtual rigs. I even make flute patches (for mic input) in my AxeFx. As for IRs, I’m happy with the factory packs.

To me the most useful aspect of the Fractal is its extensive modulation options. That’s especially great when I play electric cello through it, using the instrument’s amplitude (how hard I’m bowing) to modulate the pre-amp overdrive. Can get extremely expressive 🙂

#32883 Reply
    MichaelNesee

Lets just remember the pd150 audio fiasco… Blech I hope panny had time so they don’t make the same mistake. My pdx10 sounded much better

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Reply #28910 in Suhr (oo other quality) Reactive Load Boxes….
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us