Tagging workflow?

Home Forums Newbie Questions Tagging workflow?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    camerhil
    Participant

Do you have a system for tagging your tracks with attractive metadata? I’m just starting out, and I have no idea which tags tend to work and which don’t. I’ve been studying other successful tracks to get a feel and then re-tooling the tags for my own music, but this is taking a long time.

I’m wondering if you store a list of tags so that you can go through this process quicker? Any other tips for tagging?

#28990 Reply
    Kaki
    Participant

I think building a master list in excel with each track and their meta data included would probably be a good idea, tedious to do, but then you can just copy and paste from it going forward. I don’t know which tags are the ones that work best to be honest and I’m not sure there would be a blue print anyway… I’m new to licensing too! Some libraries take you through their own tagging system, ticking boxes of tags that match your track. From everything I’ve heard, read & learned so far though it appears that having good meta data is crucial. But yes – very time consuming and all that typing, clicking pasting etc is the stuff of tendonitis! :-0 Good luck.

#28992 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

No need to reinvent the wheel.

Try this for keeping track of things:

Home

and/or Adi Gold’s tag generator:

The New Tags Generator WebApp

#28993 Reply
    Kaki
    Participant

Brilliant, TY Michael!

#28994 Reply
    Kaki
    Participant

There’s also a music management tool called Disco now available, they are popping up sponsoring a lot of industry events.

#28996 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Here are some links for you.

Tag Team Analysis

Tag your Music with Metadata for the Most Impact

Reaching out to Composers: Keywording your Music

I used Marina Garza at http://tagteamanalysis.com/ a number of times. It now seems that there site has some problems but it is a good way to get another look at ones tracks. I’ll e-mail her to find out what is going on.

#28997 Reply
    Kaki
    Participant

Thank you Art! Think you might need to form a meta-tagging support group, it seems to be everyone’s admin bugbear 😉

#28998 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster
    #29013 Reply
    camerhil
    Participant

Very helpful, thank you!

#29014 Reply
    GaryW
    Participant

Agree with MichaelL. Been using Adi’s app for years. Very helpful.

#29097 Reply
    pglover
    Participant

You can always try http://www.composercorner.com
    Free to join. Allows you to add your cue information. Add meta keywords to a master list.
    Assign with a click your keywords, genres, and instruments with a click. And then export to a spreadsheet.
    I live by it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Reply #28996 in Tagging workflow?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us