talent 'scout' wants publishing

Home Forums Newbie Questions talent 'scout' wants publishing

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BEATSLINGER 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Abby

Hi all,
    Definite newbie question here.. I’ve been approached by a company that wants to promote my music by distributing it on their streaming service, promoting it, etc., and (more importantly) taking publishing rights on it.

I declined the offer, as it seems to me like it wouldn’t make sense to have to create what seems like ‘exclusive’ tracks, just for them, that I couldn’t place in libraries, which is my goal.

Now I’m second guessing myself.. is there any benefit to joining up with agencies like these? (Rehegoo Streaming Platform is the service I was contacted by).

Thanks in advance for any advice

#29046 Reply

BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Hmmm. Sounds to me like “you trusted your gut and it doesn’t feel right”..

Plenty of Fish in this Sea. Does it feel to you a tad “desperate?” Sounds like it..

I have been passing on those too, with no regrets..

#29058 Reply

abby

thanks for the reply Beatslinger, I feel sure it was the right decision now! Gotta watch out for all the leaches in the sea..

#29154 Reply

lynn samadhi

Hi, I work with Rehegoo. I saw that you were offered a contract! I got mine last year and after careful consideration I decided to go ahead. First I was worried about same things as you mentioned but it worked out great! The company is pretty cool and it helped me to get noticed. I managed to leave my day job and live from profits I made thanks to Rehegoo! I’m really grateful for the cooperation!
    Shame you decided otherwise!
    Good luck with your music

#29185 Reply

BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Sounds like this should have been a Private Message. Looks like advertisement..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: talent 'scout' wants publishing
Your information: