Telemundo Royalties?

Home Forums PROs Telemundo Royalties?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    JoshM
    Participant

I have the opportunity to place a lot of music in a new show for Telemundo. But I don’t have any experience with this network. Do they pay royalties and are the rates pretty good? As far as rates, is it in line with a cable channel like Oxygen? Any help from composers with experience placing music on this channel would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Josh

#41074 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Had a number placements over the years on Telemundo. Last qtr only had two placements $0.30 for 1:30 minutes.

#41076 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

It will probably fall under ‘Local Tv – Blanket’ which as you know has typically low rates.
    one of my recent statements includes:
    – one line of 24 plays adding up to about $14 a minute for an afternoon airing
    – one line of 25 plays adding up to about $17 a minute for primetime
    – one line of 11 plays adding up to $0.26 a minute for an afternoon airing
    – one line of 1 play – a segment theme used in an awards ceremony (yay!), 4 seconds for $227.

So it’s all over the place, but really depends on how much the show re-airs.

#41094 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

I’ve had some payouts similar to Mark’s from Telemundo. Some $15 to $20 line items and good international royalty payouts.

I had one track used in 42 episodes of “Un Nuevo Dia” (I think it’s a soap opera?). They ranged from 20 seconds to as long as 7+ minutes. The total back end for those placements was $828

I’m with ASCAP

#41095 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

Telemundo was absolutely nuts on my statement this qtr.I couldn’t believe it. Almost 3k from a series called La Casa De Los Famosos Sin Censura. Best qtr I ever had since doing this.I knew something was up when I checked BMI last week and saw about 30 cue sheets from that but I didn’t expect it to translate into that much money.

#41096 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

You guys are killin’ it. Congrats!

#41097 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

Thanks Art!

#41104 Reply
    JoshM
    Participant

Thanks for all the help! One other quick question, without derailing this thread too much. Would you also sign up to Identifyy in case these shows are put on YouTube and stuff?

#41105 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Please don’t hijack the thread. Post your question here: https://musiclibraryreport.com/forums/topic/identifyy-haawk-has-anybody-any-experience/

#41106 Reply
    JoshM
    Participant

Cool thanks! I asked a question in the general forum but no replys.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Telemundo Royalties?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us