The Golden Ratio

Home Forums General Questions The Golden Ratio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Krisztian Vass
    Participant

Hi All,

After a recent campaign of sending out demos I was lucky enough to receive positive replies and offers for exclusive tracks and albums with various exclusive libraries. I have actually ended up with too many projects and I’m struggling a bit to compose enough music to fulfill all the client needs.

My question is to the community is:

How do you prioritise between projects and albums if there is no hard deadline?

I’d appreciate your replies.

Thank you,

Krisztian

#31922 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Do them in order of which project you think will sell the best? I mean you can never really know what will sell, but maybe an educated guess.

Or do them in the order that fills the biggest hole for the library. Start with the project that is in the style they have the least of.

And even if the library doesn’t give a deadline, it doesn’t mean you can’t give yourself a deadline.

#31923 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Hi there, I think there would be a couple of factors.
    There is a big difference between actual contracts, and offers/possible work.

Also, have you done your research on these Libraries to make sure they are active enough to make it worth your while? (I cannot tell you how valuable it is to read ALL of the replies on a library in the “Access Music Library” section!!)

For me, I have my Top-Tier Libraries that get priority, and then mid-tier.

When I “was” looking for new libraries I would stay in contact with them, and update them periodically. I would then be able to see if there was a rush, or if they are looking to get a product/style like the one(s) I submitted out into the marketplace..

I wish you much success!!

#31947 Reply
    pgbanker
    Participant

You can also write the albums that are most fulfilling for you first… since music is fun… sometimes being overwhelmed with album projects can make it feel like “work”… I also like to bounce around from projects / genres, pretending to be a different artist or person, which can sometimes make the creativity come alive for me. Others might find that process less fulfilling.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: The Golden Ratio
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us