The MLR Fmaily

Home Forums Commentary The MLR Fmaily

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Mark Lewis
    Participant

I just want to say thanks to Art for making this space available for composers and music library owners to become a family.
    At times a dysfunctional family, at times a family that argues and butts heads and at times a family that comes to a consensus.
    That is what is important about a space like this, we can lash out, we can ask questions, we can feel desperate and receive consolation.
    We have the grumpy uncle (me), the pontificous brother in law (MichaelL), the weird cousin (DesireInspires) and of course the Dad (Art) who always reminds us to behave, plus so many others.
    I just want to say during this Holiday season that you guys are like family to me and I am so grateful for having this forum that Art created to be able to interact with you all.
    Let’s all hope for a musically profitable 2015.
    Love,
    Mark

#19056 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

the pontificous brother in law (MichaelL),

It’s a dirty job, but somebody’s gotta do it. 😀

Hearty best wishes to you and yours for the Holiday Season, Mark, and to the rest of the MLR “family.”

Michael

#19057 Reply
    Mark Lewis
    Participant

“Fmaily”
    I guess you can add ‘dyslexic’ to my grumpy uncle description 🙂

#19058 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

I am officially weird. Yippee! 🙂

#19059 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Thanks Mark for a wonderful post! MLR has become our virtual but no less meaningful family. Wishing everyone the best for 2015!

Curmudgeonly Yours

Dad :-))

#19060 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Great post ML and Happy Holidays to all.

#19067 Reply
    adigold
    Participant

+1 🙂

#19068 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

Happy Holidays to all!

“The MLR Fmaily”:sounds like a chronic syndrome!

#19069 Reply
    Zenemy
    Participant

My first post (although I am a serial loiterer on MLR!) – Just want to thank you Art and all the contributors for continuing to share all that good advice – MLR is like a rock in the shifting sands of the Library Music world and I have found great advice and direction on here, so thank you all again. Wishing everyone a happy holiday and prosperous New Year, thanks, Wez

#19070 Reply
    adam
    Participant

Thanks to all, good luck with the year ahead. I dont belong to other groups online so this is the closest family group I have. Im the baby of the family by the way …. mwah mwahhh

#19072 Reply
    Musicmatters
    Participant

Happy holidays to all, thanks MLR for keeping us straight. I know for myself that I have gained countless advice from all the contributors here. Thanks ML for this post. Have an awesome 2015. Love and peace to all

#19074 Reply
    Paolo
    Participant

That was nicely put, Mark. Art, Mark, Michael and so many others on this forum have been so generous and helpful with suggestions, insights and encouragement.

I wish everyone a happy and a merry. Okay, so who brought the cannolis? (often overheard at Italian family gatherings 🙂

Paul

#19075 Reply
    SCP
    Participant

Best wishes to all at MLR, and here’s to a happy and prosperous 2015.

#19077 Reply
    Veeagra
    Participant

Happy Christmas everyone! 🙂

#19078 Reply
    MuscoSound
    Participant

I agree, I check out MLR every day to see whats going on. It’s so nice to be able to connect with others that are doing this work because at times it can feel pretty lonely in the real world when you try to talk to people about what your doing. People just kind of look at you like, licensing, exclusive/non-exclusive, re-titling, PRO’s, what in the world is this guy talking about. Best wishes for everyone and I hope you all have a record breaking 2015!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Reply #19078 in The MLR Fmaily
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us