The reality between the expected pro income and the real income !

Home Forums PROs The reality between the expected pro income and the real income !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wildman

Hi folks,

a very bad ass experience, where I get crazy year by year, is this scenario: I get a list of my used tv tracks from a library I work with. I compare this list with my pro “use list” for the particular year and the difference between this lists are huge.

Because of not or not correct filled out Cue-sheets lists by the tv stations I loose around 50% of my expected income ! Yeah, it´s a massive difference between, let`s say a tunesat detection list and the list of your pro !!!

Do you guys “worldwide” have similar experiences ?

#6727 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Yes, Wildman I have had similar experiences, but I cannot talk about it now.

This may come as a shock to many writers, and I have said this before, cue sheets are only half of the equation. They do not tell your pro where, when and/or how many times your work was performed.

SO… despite cues sheets being filed your PRO still has to detect the performance. You can have all the cue sheets under that sun, but if your PRO doesn’t detect the performance, you don’t get paid. Air-date and time information is completely separate from cue sheets, and the methods that each PRO uses to detect performances differ.

Which PRO are you with?

Edit:

“Because of not or not correct filled out Cue-sheets lists by the tv stations I loose around 50% of my expected income !”

TV stations do not fill out cue sheets unless the TV station produced the show, like a local news magazine, etc. It is the show’s producer that fills out cue sheets and submits them to your PRO. PRO’s get air-date schedules from TV stations. In some cases they rely on third parties to collect that information.

#6732 Reply
    Wildman

ok, here`s the secret….I am a “Gema” member 🙂

#6734 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

@Wildman. My answer applies to US PROs.

#6735 Reply
    Wildman

What we get is an “use list” of our used tracks in TV/Radio. But the problem is that the list just shows me approx half of the usages I really had f.e. in 2011

I monitor my tracks with Tunesat and it`s very frustrating to realise that there`s a huge difference between the expected income and the reality ! Gema (the pro) don`t use a monitoring system so far.

And  I am just talking about my home country. My tracks are runnng worldwide. I don`t even want to think about any further…..you get it folks…..

#6737 Reply
    LG
    Participant

@MichaelL, do you have any insights on which US PROs are more effective at  detecting TV uses? Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: The reality between the expected pro income and the real income !
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us