The Story Continues…

Home Forums Critiques The Story Continues…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    BenG
    Participant

Hey Guys,

Been a while since I shared some music here and just wanted to post a recent writing exercise I had the chance to work on last week. I tried writing a track in the style of Thomas Bergensen with tons of frenetic energy, harmonic changes, etc.

Hope you enjoy and any comments/criticisms welcome!

#30716 Reply
    cozyhand3
    Participant

Hey Benjamin,
    I don’t know a thing about writing like this, but have to say, I simply love it!

Jesse

#30717 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

I like it! Great writing. Interesting you said Thomas Bergersen though – I realize he’s done some music like this, but to my ears it’s that classic score sound that just about anyone who writes for modern family adventures adheres to. Newton-Howard, John Powell, Gregson-Williams, Christophe Beck, and a lot of lesser known guys writing for animated TV shows.

#30718 Reply
    Tom Rae

This is excellent ! Which libraries are you using?

#30719 Reply
    BenG
    Participant

Thanks Jesse!

#30720 Reply
    BenG
    Participant

Glad you liked it Tom! In answer to your question, a lot of the sound is actually just from the orchestration/counterpoint!

Libraries…
    Cinematic Strings 2
    Berlin Woodwinds
    Cinebrass
    Spitfire Percussion/Harp
    Strezov Storm Choirs

#30723 Reply
    BenG
    Participant

Thanks so much, Mark and I truly appreciate the kind words!

I’m a huge fan of your work and had no idea you were a member here! Concerning style, I would have to agree, and you pretty much nailed some of my musical influences (save Williams, Newman, Silvestri, etc.). I know family adventure music may not as popular today as more ‘epic’ stuff, but I absolutely love the genre and find it to be so much fun to write!

Again Mark, thank you and I just started out writing trailer music a few months ago, so your comment really means a lot!

#30724 Reply
    Mike Marino
    Participant

Good stuff, man! Some of that orchestration reminded me of fellow composer Robin Hoffmann. Certainly can hear the influences mentioned above as well. Keep it up!

#30725 Reply
    BenG
    Participant

Appreciate the generous comparison, Mike!

Robin is a fantastic composer and a great guy in general. I actually mocked up one of his pieces last year and he was nice enough to offer some advice. Robin, along with Benny Oschmann, Hendrik Schwarzer, Sasha Knorr, etc. are some of my favourite composers!

#32111 Reply
    shenrichs
    Participant

This is outstanding! Keep at it.

#32112 Reply
    BenG
    Participant

Thank you!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Reply #32111 in The Story Continues…
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us