Thinking of licensing my own work directly from store front link to my url?

Home Forums General Questions Thinking of licensing my own work directly from store front link to my url?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bobsstudio
    Participant

Hi Guys,

So I have been licensing my work through libraries for the last 15 years with some success.
    Exclusive and non exclusive.
    If I wanted to set up my own direct licensing operation is there a ‘go-to’ manual that helps with this?
    I now have various TV production contacts that I could deal directly with but I’m not sure of the financial/legal/contractual side.
    Art, does your ‘Making money’ book cover the setting up and running a small bespoke library?
    And you guys might tell me that it’s not worth the hassle……that would be useful to!
    Any info always greatly appreciated.
    BobG

#35044 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Art, does your ‘Making money’ book cover the setting up and running a small bespoke library?

No it does not.

We have a site set up and sell a few licenses here and there. Probably not worth the effort but I like building websites so I keep at it.

#35047 Reply
    bobsstudio
    Participant

Hi Art,

Thanks for reply! Yeah you’re probably right! Cheers.

#35087 Reply
    echoflex
    Participant

Hey @bobsstudio, I have also thought about this but haven’t done a ton of research. One thing I can share is a few sites for setting up e-commerce. A few of them have musicians used as examples of “success stories”. Check out this article with a list of options:

https://www.practicalecommerce.com/12-platforms-to-sell-digital-downloads

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #35047 in Thinking of licensing my own work directly from store front link to my url?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us