To Website or not to Website….that is the question.

Home Forums Online Promoting To Website or not to Website….that is the question.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    StevieBlunder
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Not using WordPress, just their template. I started with GD because I could so a 30 trial. Research favored WIX ,but there is no way to determine if there included players are able to do individual songs. If anyone knows ,please update me.

#26340 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

I added a website this year after much deliberation. $144 per year on Square Space.

I did it because everyone knows how cheap and easy it is to have a web site and I always felt a little embarrassed using free SC to demo my work. I expect no traffic, and get little to no traffic. I have used it to demo my work, and I occasionally put a link at the end of my emails.

A lot of library writers put up art work from shows on which they’ve had placements (as if they actually had something to do with the show). I’m not sure anybody really believes that, or cares, but it looks nice.

I do have a page of pretty logos from all the shows my tracks have been placed in. The page header is “Alan’s original music has been placed in:”

I don’t see a problem with that. All the libraries that place the music do it. People in the business can quickly see that I successfully write for successful libraries.

Considering what I spend on equipment and software, the cost is negligible and I’m glad I finally did it.

#26342 Reply
    StevieBlunder
    Participant

Thanks Alan, thats basically what I want. How does your music play? Is there a player that plays all tracks or can you focus specific songs?

#26352 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

Is there a player that plays all tracks or can you focus specific songs?

Squarespace has templates for musicians/bands. I set up “albums’ by genre. My millennial son (a creative marketing major) did my design and made the tracks non-downloadable. I’ll try to PM you a link.

#26369 Reply
    StevieBlunder
    Participant

Thanks for the info you sent..much appreciated

#33729 Reply
    angopop
    Participant

Bumping this old thread…
    What experience does anyone have on these sites with making them searchable so that clients can enter keywords and audition/download resulting songs?

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
Reply To: Reply #20174 in To Website or not to Website….that is the question.
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us