AS – Tracks with Cowriters

Home Forums Contracts AS – Tracks with Cowriters

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stacktrace
    Participant

I have a question regarding tracks involving cowriters in NE libraries. I was recently accepted into a library, and I’d like to upload tracks that I have cowritten with others, fully aware that I’m required pay out their share if/when tracks sell (I’d of course pay their share whether or not it was required.) I want to ensure that by uploading cowritten tracks I’m not infringing on my cowriters in any way. To my knowledge, I don’t need to ask the cowriter(s) for their permission to upload, nor do I need to seek permission to sell, but I’m not certain of this. My understanding is that I simply need to pay the cowriters if it sells. As a courtesy, I’ll notify the cowriters of my intent. Absent contracts between cowriters, to what extent does each writer have control over how the music is pitched and sold? Looking to see if anyone has any experience in this area, or any comments on the situation.

#21038 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

To my knowledge, I don’t need to ask the cowriter(s) for their permission to upload, nor do I need to seek permission to sell, but I’m not certain of this.

You should have a signed agreement between you and your co-writer allowing you to do this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: AS – Tracks with Cowriters
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us