Trailer Music Album

Home Forums Newbie Questions Trailer Music Album

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Wall_E
    Participant

Newbie brainstorming, part2:

So, let’s say I have 10 new epic trailer tracks.
    I’d like to put this album first on Soundcloud and then on Amazon, iTunes and so on.

What if I want to give these tracks to a dedicated music library? Am I allowed to do that even if all the tracks are already on these digital stores?

Thank you thank you!

Wall-E

#25504 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

So, let’s say I have 10 new epic trailer tracks. I’d like to put this album first on Soundcloud and then on Amazon, iTunes and so on.

Soundcloud maybe but watermark it. Not a good idea in my mind for Amazon, iTunes etc. I doubt a serious trailer library would want the tracks in those venues. Non-exclusives might not mind. I wouldn’t do it.

#25506 Reply
    Wall_E
    Participant

Thank you Art!!!

No Amazon or iTunes before sending the tracks to libraries.
    So, in order to send this music to a trailer library (which is the final aim), and in order to make them listen to the tracks:

1) better to upload on the “public” Soundcloud + watermark?
    2) better to upload the tracks in “private mode”and send them the link?
    3) better to send them directly in other ways?

#25508 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

If it were me Wall_E I would send them tracks directly, if they will accept them. If not, set up a quick and dirty web site with a page and player that you can send them to.

Private mode on Soundcloud is not that “private” if someone is determined. That being said I do have a Soundcloud account and everything is marked Private without a watermark. Things may have changed there, it may be more secure and it sure is convenient.

#25517 Reply
    Wall_E
    Participant

Good info Art, thank you so much!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Trailer Music Album
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us