Tunesat 50 Free cue monitoring

Home Forums General Questions Tunesat 50 Free cue monitoring

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    John

I just discovered that Tunesat is offering free accounts that will monitor 50 cues….however they are still charging me $13.50/month to monitor only 10 cues. I’ve brought this up with Tunesat and I’m still waiting for a response…
    How long has Tunesat been offering this free account and has anyone else had a similar experience?

#16038 Reply
    guscave

I just joined the free membership about a month ago. Don’t know how long they’ve been offering it. So far I’ve been getting some consistent detection on a few of my cues.

#16042 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Same here. I joined the free account about a month and ago and have had detections each week on a piece used in a religious TV show. My question is why is fee so steep to post more than 50 tracks!?

#16537 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

I saw a few placements for me with the free account. The detections are very cool because they can find parts and pieces of the songs through dialogue. Hopefully these placements will translate into payments later.

#16539 Reply
    yzzman1
    Participant

The free account is great because it gives you an idea as to if your cues are actually being used. The free account however, maxes at 50 detections a month (to my knowledge) so if you are paying for ten cues to be monitored the advantage is you have unlimited detections. It only takes one promo using your cue to max out those 50 easy.

I look at it as the free account is a free indicator as to whether the service will be useful for you yet and provided that you’re getting detections, then you will consider your upgrade options.

Personally speaking – without TuneSat I’d have no clue what was actually going on. Love the service.

Chris

#16540 Reply
    Stuart Moore

It seems it’s only a month trial. I uploaded 50 tracks. I got 88 detections in a month then it says I have more detections but I need to upgrade if I want to see them.

#16541 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

It seems it’s only a month trial. I uploaded 50 tracks. I got 88 detections in a month then it says I have more detections but I need to upgrade if I want to see them.

AFAIK the free trial is not limited to one month. It is limited to 50 cues and 50 detections/month but not time limited. Some more advanced features are also not available on the free account.

One thing to be aware of is you have the same tracks in multiple libraries, Tunesat will not differentiate by titles. So you won’t know which library made the placement. It goes purely by audio fingerprinting. Titles and metadata are for your own benefit and have no bearing on detection/identification.

Also, when Tunesat identifies a particular episode it is not always right. It uses the TV guide schedule to line up time of detection with what show. So if the network made a last minute schedule change such as showing episode X instead of episode Y, you might get a false detection.

I love the free account even with the limitations. The paid accounts really do require that you make significant income and therefore the cost/benefit ratio make it worth it.

#16544 Reply
    Stuart Moore

Hmm, that’s interesting. I signed up in mid april and have detections from aprl 16th to may 12th, 88 in total that it lets me see. Then at the bottom of the detections page it says you have 143 more detections, click here to upgrade.

#16545 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

So if the network made a last minute schedule change such as showing episode X instead of episode Y, you might get a false detection.

I was told, a while back, that Tunesat will update to the correct episode once the database that they use updates. I’m not sure they use TV Guide though.

#16546 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

I probably shouldn’t have said “TV Guide”… It was generic for the network’s planned program schedule. Not sure where their schedule comes from. Good to know, Art, that they make corrections based on updated info.

#16573 Reply
    P-9

Tunesat uses TMS which is the same service the 3 PROs use for payment. TMS will often have incorrect data at first, but will update with corrections later. Usually within 2 weeks.

#16585 Reply
    Steve Luck

does anyone know if the 50 free cues are monitored across the world – including europe and the USA – or restricted to your home country?

#16586 Reply
    Edouardo
    Participant

Hi there,
    I am giving Tunesat a try with the free account.
    Anyone has an opinion on which of the vocal or instrumental version of a track I should upload?

My thoughts are that the instrumental version should be best, as it appears the detection system can detect a track with a voice on it, so the instrumental version should cover all edits.

Any ideas on that?

#16587 Reply
    Edouardo
    Participant

@ Steve,
    It appears from the way it is presented here (https://tunesat.com/tunesatportal/home/pricing) that the free plan should cover all territories (or they would have indicated as a supplementary incentive to upgrade)

#16592 Reply
    OverDub
    Participant

I’ve had some foreign uses show up on the free account.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
Reply To: Reply #16537 in Tunesat 50 Free cue monitoring
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us