Tunesat 50 Free cue monitoring

Home Forums General Questions Tunesat 50 Free cue monitoring

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    MaLmusic
    Participant

Hey, quick question on Tunesat… Let’s say you’ve made music for a company under a “work-for-hire” agreement, and the copyright of the tracks belong to the company… Would you upload those tracks on Tunesat to see if they were placed on some TV shows/commercials? Or is it “illegal”?

#16594 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Hey, quick question on Tunesat… Let’s say you’ve made music for a company under a “work-for-hire” agreement, and the copyright of the tracks belong to the company… Would you upload those tracks on Tunesat to see if they were placed on some TV shows/commercials? Or is it “illegal”?

It probably isn’t illegal, but what benefit would you gain?

#16595 Reply
    MaLmusic
    Participant

“It probably isn’t illegal, but what benefit would you gain?”

Just out of curiosity, to see what kind of royalties you can expect. (Maybe I wasn’t clear, but I was talking about a deal where you still get the writer’s share)

#16601 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

Off the top of my head, I can’t see why it would be a problem since you are still entitled to Writer’s Share. You are not uploading to Tunesat to violate any terms of your WFH agreement.

It would be similar to a situation whereby you wrote a song, signed the copyright to a publisher, and it was recorded by an artist. You might want to track TV usage of the song.

That being said, you could check the terms on the Tunesat site and see if it says anything about you having to be the actual copyright holder.

#16740 Reply
    angopop
    Participant

I signed up for the free account and it’s been very illuminating. One disadvantage is that I cannot print out a list of detections, that feature is grayed out.

I haven’t used up my 50 detections yet, so does anyone know if they keep the previous 50 once you move on to the next 50? And would BMI honor detections that I have jotted down myself if they don’t come from an official Tunesat report?

I’m not complaining about free, just want to know what features I can use…

#26592 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

So I have the free 50 track account and wondered if upgrading to their monthly $35 plan (US only) means I can upload an additional 50 tracks??

#26619 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

decided to give this service a go with the free account. so i uploaded about 5 tracks 2 days ago, so now what? do you have to do all the meta data tagging or does it do the detections without tags? when do you know your tracks are watermarked and are being scanned for detection? do you just have to sit and wait for few weeks and see what comes in under the detection menu?

#26620 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Starts detecting within 24 hours. You have to do the metadata.

#26622 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

strange because in the guide it says the meta data is optional. clearly not. thanks Art.

#26623 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

strange because in the guide it says the meta data is optional. clearly not. thanks Art.

I believe they mean it’s optional in terms of whether you want to enter it or not.

#27412 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Isn’t there a promo code somewhere to get a discount with Tunesat?

#27413 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster
    #27418 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

just looking for some clarity on the free version of tunesat. once you have uploaded your tracks it takes 24hours for the tracks to become active on the system and for the detection’s to begin? in the track section should you be able to see the wave forms of the audio files you uploaded? i’m not finding the user interface very clear. in my track section i just see the track/file names, no wave form and no indication to tell me if the track is still processing/pending after being uploaded or if its now active on the system.

in the detection’s section does this just continue to run in the background automatically or do you have to go into the update search area and select the criteria you want to detect on? when the detection starts what time range is it searching? does it have a default setting built in like a week or do you have to specify the date/range yourself?

#27419 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Not sure how long it takes for them to start detecting but you won’t see a wave form and it automatically detects real-time. Although, I have found it to not be 100% accurate, often missing detections that I know happened.

#27420 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

but when you say it detects in real time do you mean its only scanning from the time you upload the track? so if the placement occurred last month it wont pick that up? its only picking stuff up going forward from the time of upload and not historical placements that might of happened last month or the month before etc?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
Reply To: Reply #27418 in Tunesat 50 Free cue monitoring
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us