Tunesat 50 Free cue monitoring

Home Forums General Questions Tunesat 50 Free cue monitoring

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    daveydad
    Participant

Yes, from that point on… I think they had an option that allowed earlier detections to be brought in… at a cost.

#27422 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

BTW, I asked Tunesat this question. Their response below. Too bad. I was hoping it meant we could then have a total of 100 tracks. I’ve only gone over my 50 detections/month once.
    ————————————————————–

I currently have the free 50 tracks account. If I upgrade to the 50 track-$35/month US plan does that mean I can upload 100 tracks total?

====================================================================

If you upgrade your account to the 50 track plan, you will still only be able to monitor 50 tracks total. The upgrade will offer you the ability to see all detection you receive per month without the 50 detection per month limit.

#27423 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

so if the placement occurred last month it wont pick that up?

They detect going forward. You can pay to get historical detections.

#27424 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Can TuneSat’s TV monitoring service provide historical detection data?

Yes. TuneSat’s TV monitoring service can identify performances on certain stations for up to the last 3 years. Please contact info@tunesat.com for fee’s and more information regarding adding historical data to your account.

#27425 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

thanks guys. god if i had of known this i would of uploaded my tracks earlier. now there is a good chance i have missed detection’s of placements as i mostly write in a style that is not going to get lots of repeat plays on reality tv shows and is more likely only getting played on certain occasions. ah well we’ll see what happens going forward on my tracks.

the historical data option is useful to know though.

#27433 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

I never had a foreign show hit my free account. I’ve had a free account since September of 2014. I upgraded to the lowest tier, 100 track U.S. only account last month. All my “unknown” detections for the last few years showed up immediately.
    I currently have two discrepancies that Tunesat found. One is a 1:50 MTV placement I never got put on the cue sheet for. It airs a LOT. The other is a 1:50 NBC Sports placement where the cue sheet listed 0:40. I have provided proof to both publishers and ASCAP and have been told they will be corrected. Still waiting. If I get what is due to me from these errors it should cover nearly a year’s worth of Tunesat.
    The down side is I get to hear all the Scripps, Reelz and Promo placements I will never get paid for.

#27827 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Has having TUNESAT made a difference in your income. So presumably they catch plays that aren’t filed on cue sheets ad you can then turn to your PRO and inform them. How is this working for people as far as translating into dollars?

#27828 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

I guess what I am asking is it accurate? You then go to your RPO presumably and with these numbers and it should be reliable?

#27829 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

It hasn’t helped me yet. I talked to BMI once and they said I had to contact the production company first. I had no idea how to do that or who it was so gave up.

#28464 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

hi guys what percentage of your PRO placements do you find tunesat will pick up in a quarter? is it picking up 100% of all your placements, 10% or what is it? i’m just wondering is what you’re seeing on tunesat gonna be a like for like representation of what you will see on your PRO a few quarters later?

#28465 Reply
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

For me it’s 70-80%

#28466 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

Pretty much the same here,picks up around 2 out of 3 placements.

#28467 Reply
    Mike Marino
    Participant

Picks up about 5-10% for me. But I also do track swapping, replacing the oldest added track with the newest accepted track. First-in-first-out sort of thing.

#28468 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

what would be the reason for your percentage being so low mike? how many tracks would you have uploaded to tunesat, are you using the paid service or just the free 50 tracks per month account?

#28470 Reply
    Mike Marino
    Participant

I’m using the free service. I’ve got 50 tracks up there. But I’m constantly replacing my oldest tracks with my newest tracks (regardless if I’m seeing a lot of placements show up from them or not) instead of leaving the same 50 tracks up there all the time. This way each track has sort of been through their detection software even if only for a few months at a time.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
Reply To: Reply #27425 in Tunesat 50 Free cue monitoring
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us