Tunesat ( couldnt' find a thread in the forum)

Home Forums General Questions Tunesat ( couldnt' find a thread in the forum)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    soph

After reading about Tunesat and their 30 day free trial I thought id give it a go!

Very basic site but simple to upload tracks etc. It really is very rewarding to hear your own music at work! Its actually fairly rare to track down a spot / placement and hear your stuff in shows.

I’m now past the number of free detections I’m allowed to listen to (I’ve a Tv ad that’s’ on a few times a day currently)

So, i thought id look into how much it would cost….

Incredible.

Why oh why does it cost that much per month? Surely its all computer controlled when scanning for fingerprints? I just can’t justify their prices!

Which is a shame, as I think they offer a good service that benefits composers no end.

#15050 Reply
    yzzman1
    Participant

I think it’s value is in how you use their service. If you are able to find out about more uses of your music than your PRO is reporting – it’s possible there are missing cue sheets. If you then in turn are able to track down the cue sheets and get yourself paid on the usage…..well then TuneSat’s value starts speaking for itself. I personally love the service – especially because of how much music goes unreported or reported incorrectly.

#15412 Reply
    OverDub
    Participant

I have a free account, and according to the website they are now giving 50 free detections a month. Has anyone received any new detections on the free account. I sent in a ticket to tunesat support. Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble. Thanks!

#15418 Reply
    JBM

I signed up for the new 50 track account over a week ago. Before this I was doing a month trial on their old system.

On the old 1 month trial it was detecting tracks of mine everyday but on the new 50 track free account it hasn’t picked up any in 2 weeks.

#15423 Reply
    OverDub
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Guess I’m not alone then!

#15424 Reply
    wilx2
    Participant

I just started a new account a couple weeks ago. I only uploaded 15 tracks of the available 50, but I know one of the tracks is currently airing in a national commercial which began running 2 months ago. Saw it on my TV last night. So yes, strange that it is not detecting anything yet.

I do know that the free account doesn’t do retroactive detections (and pretty sure it only detects US placements). I wonder if that means, in the case of a commercial, that it only picks up new spots as they break and not after.

#15430 Reply
    groovydude

same problem here. since i made the new trial account no detections anymore. with the old one i had almost daily new detections.
    i think there must be a general problem.
    anyone here who has detections with the new trial account?

#15469 Reply
    wilx2
    Participant

Just checked my Tunesat account and it looks like detection just kicked in yesterday for the one song I know is airing, 14 days after signup, not that that should be representative of other accounts.

Interesting that for a commercial, it simply lists the program it aired during, and not the name of the commercial. If I didn’t already know the spot I would be doing lots of Googling / DVR-ing to find out. will wait and see if the name of the commercial eventually gets listed in the Tunesat account.

#15483 Reply
    guscave

I spoke to them yesterday after not seeing any detections for over 2 weeks on songs I know have daily airplay. They said that there was a bug in their system when they converted, but everything should be showing with in a day or two.

#15486 Reply
    OverDub
    Participant

Yes, looks like mine kicked in too. I thought it might have something to do with their website change.

#15487 Reply
    Marcum

I’m doing the free trial as well. When you upload tracks and give the song title, does it still track placements made by companies who retitled your track? For publishers, I just included every NE publisher that has the song in the library. Wasn’t sure how that metadata works. What if they publisher or end user edits the track? It still finds it through fingerprinting?

#15516 Reply
    yzzman1
    Participant

In my experience with TuneSat it seems like the MetaData is more for you to refer to when you see detections. It is fingerprinting the integrity of the file not the info you fill in the metadata forms. So yes, if it the track is edited by a post production team you will still likely get the TuneSat detection. A lot of the detections I’ve had were edited somehow….

#15518 Reply
    Marcum

ok thanks for the response!

#15522 Reply
    56 Strat
    Participant

I need to be educated with this in a nutshell. I signed up for the free Tunesat account last week and it picked up the first detection. A track of mine is being used on Telemundo on a show called Suelta la Sopa. it used 16 seconds of the track. This is a first for me. Now what ? What’s the next procedure for me to do ? Or is it even worth pursuing with this one ? I’m in various models of libraries where some show who licensed and some that don’t reveal it. Do I contact libraries, my PRO or ? I searched for a thread for info and their FAQs but really couldn’t find anything. So if someone can lead me to some info or give me a quick rundown it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 🙂

#15523 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

@ArtistsR1st: There is really nothing for you to do but wait and see if it shows up on your PRO statement 6-9 months from. It requires a lot of admin work to keep track of this stuff. If it does not show up then contact the library that placed it. If they will not help get a copy of the cue sheet to show your PRO that you haven’t been paid.

It’s a LOT of work but part of the business. Fully 50-60% of PRO statements are incorrect so it takes diligence.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
Reply To: Tunesat ( couldnt' find a thread in the forum)
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us