Tunesat ( couldnt' find a thread in the forum)

Home Forums General Questions Tunesat ( couldnt' find a thread in the forum)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    ArtistsR1st

Thanks Art ! I shall do !

#15530 Reply
    Musicmatters
    Participant

Where do you find the most errors or chances for you to follow up/claim. Are they sales through RF sites or NE libraries. I would expect ex libraries to have better paperwork etc. Which tracks would be the best for one to upload during the free trial ? Thanks 🙂

#15544 Reply
    gdomeier
    Participant

@overdub, I wasn’t aware the free account gets you 50 detections every month. If so, that’s super cool.

#15545 Reply
    OverDub
    Participant

Just going by their website. https://tunesat.com/tunesatportal/home/pricing Hope that helps. Even my old free account is showing newer detections, so it looks like they are doing 50 free a month, which is great.

#15668 Reply
    Marcum

You mean This free account will remain after the trial period is up? I thought it was just a month free. Also do you guys know if you need to upload both the instru and vocal versions of your song in to tunesat for it to detect? Or could you just upload the full vocal versions and it would detect both?

#18168 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

I finally got around to signing up for the free membership a few weeks ago. I have only added 35 tracks so far (choosing carefully) and hit my 50 detections in two weeks. It is really cool, and really good for the motivation/ego/”maybe I will not give up this week” side of this endeavor.
    Question for the Tunesat subscribers:

Can any of you definitively say that your Tunesat subscription has created positive cashflow? Has Tunesat gotten you enough actual income that you would have not received without the service to justify the expense?

I really want to subscribe to the 250 track plan. Unfortunately, 99% of my placements are in cable reality shows. I can’t imagine $140 worth of MISSED placements per month. That is a lot of music.

I created a spreadsheet of all my known placements I guess I’ll have to wait a year or two to find out how many detections don’t make it to my PRO.

Incidentally, I’m quite certain I would not even be aware of Tunesat without MLR, thanks again Art

#18170 Reply
    guscave

My experience with Tunesat’s new free subscription has not been very positive. Last year I had a paid membership with them and was getting about 7 to 10 tracks detected every week. When I lost my job I cancelled my subscription.

When they began to offer the new free service of 50 tracks, I joined up again. I added the same tracks I had before plus threw in a few new ones. Unfortunately they are only detecting 2 tracks when I know there are many more playing daily on different shows. Other folks are having similar problems with them only detecting a handful of songs.

#18171 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

quite similar experience here; i tried the free,50-tracks,service and uploaded 5 tracks that have placed in the same show and same period (1st Q of 2014).
    Only 1 was detected.
    Thankfuly i was paid for all 5 of them according to my BMI statement!

#18173 Reply
    Tbone
    Participant

Wow… this just completely blows Tunesat out of the water. Not even picking up tracks which are then paid by BMI.. I’m not sure how it could be missing so much.

#18175 Reply
    JD

I have had the same experience. Got paid for several placements by BMI that have not shown up on my free tunesat account.

#18177 Reply
    Jay

same here..they seem to pickup odd unknown placements of mine but miss all others I have cue sheets for and I know are running…I guess it’s nice to know about the unknown placements but it’s hardly thorough and definitely nothing I’d pay for..

#18178 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I’ve had the same experience. I have a ton of detections that I haven’t gotten paid for and many missed ones that I have. I’m going to start going after those unpaid ones (truthfully, I’ve been lazy about it) and see if the economics make sense. Many of the unpaid are promos so slim chance of monies there.

#18293 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

Would one of you mind explaining the free membership to me. I know it’s a 50 track limit, but what about detections?
    -I joined 9/1/2014
    -I hit 50 detections I could see in about 2 weeks
    -Then I got a counter telling me how many more detections it has (that I cannot see without paying)
    -Is that it, am I done?

I thought is was 50 detections per month and was expecting a reset.

I can’t complain because it’s free, but one month doesn’t seem to be enough time to evaluate the service IMO

Any insight would be appreciated

#18294 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

I can’t complain because it’s free, but one month doesn’t seem to be enough time to evaluate the service IMO

Keep using the service. It is free so no risk is involved.

#18296 Reply
    Sean

Then I got a counter telling me how many more detections it has (that I cannot see without paying)

In my account you can display 50, 100, 200, or 500 per page but you can’t see above 50 unless you change it on the bottom left drop down menu.

Maybe yours is missing the drop down?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
Reply To: Tunesat ( couldnt' find a thread in the forum)
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us