Tunesat Detection

Home Forums General Questions Tunesat Detection

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Paolo
    Participant

If you have a song that is registered with two non-exclusive libraries, and as a result has two different titles, do you need to upload it twice to Tunesat and each with it’s own title? Or can you upload the track once, with one title, and Tunesat will detect it?

And will Tunesat detect it on the web?

Thanks,
    Paul

#19913 Reply
    Paolo
    Participant

bump

#19914 Reply
    Mike Marino
    Participant

I don’t think the title will matter because Tunesat is matching what it “hears” via the audio you upload to the site, regardless of the title. That’s my understanding at least.

#19915 Reply
    composer
    Participant

You do not need to upload the track to Tunesat twice. It detects the track, not the title.

#19919 Reply
    Paolo
    Participant

thank you Mike, thank you composer,

Tunesat is matching what it “hears”

It detects the track, not the title

How does tunesat know the title of the track if the track is with two libraries and has two titles?

Thanks,
    Paul

#19920 Reply
    Mike Marino
    Participant

How does tunesat know the title of the track if the track is with two libraries and has two titles?

I believe it matches to audio filename that you upload to Tunesat. On the track list, you’ll see that filename and Title are two separate values. So despite what the Title would be, it’s listening to match audio….then (I believe) it’ll report based on that particular filename (if that makes sense). If I’m not mistaken, I believe that’s how it works.

#19922 Reply
    composer
    Participant

So, if the files are identical, Tunesat won’t be able to tell you which library placed the track.

#19923 Reply
    Paolo
    Participant

Thanks again Mike and composer,

won’t be able to tell you which library placed the track

it’ll report based on that particular filename

okay… that makes sense. It leads to a bigger question:

How do you make tunesat useful when you have two titles for one fingerprint? Or is Tunesat useful mainly for non-exclusive music?

#19927 Reply
    Lincoman
    Participant

Don’t forget you generally are only receiving the writer share no matter who has pitched your track. Tunesat just recognizes the track. The title is irrelevant. It’s the library’s job to get their publisher share, not yours.

#19931 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

How do you make tunesat useful when you have two titles for one fingerprint? Or is Tunesat useful mainly for non-exclusive music?

Tunesat is actually easier if the track is exclusive. With non-exclusive you have to do a bit of detective work to find out who placed the track. Challenging but can be done.

#19933 Reply
    Paolo
    Participant

Tunesat is actually easier if the track is exclusive. With non-exclusive you have to do a bit of detective work to find out who placed the track

I see now – thanks!

#19937 Reply
    Mike G
    Participant

If you have mutiple non-exclusive song deals out there with many companies ( maybe 900 song deals with 30 companies ), will signing up your songs with Tunesat end up being a helper or a ball breaker. I know nothing about Tunesat besides that there is a fee to register your songs. I have always relied on my PRO (SOCAN) and in Canada and also BDS and the USA Soundexchange to collect my royalties…Am I missing out on revenue by NOT being signed up at Tunesat ???

#19938 Reply
    Lincoman
    Participant

Start with the free option (50 tracks). I have three different emails accounts so that’s 50 x 3 tracks being monitored. They are fine with you doing that. When you pay you just get deeper metrics. I’ve only been with them 9 months. Not sure yet if ASCAP is missing things tunesat detects, but ASCAP has paid me for things tunesat hasn’t detected.

#19950 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Am I missing out on revenue by NOT being signed up at Tunesat ???

Yes, you most likely are. I have almost 900 with Tunesat. About 400 individual cues plus alt mixes.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Tunesat Detection
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us