Tunesat – Does it work for you?

Home Forums PROs Tunesat – Does it work for you?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    jdstamper
    Participant

I’ve been using Tunesat “50 tracks free account”, for about 18 months, and it’s kind of love / hate for me. I love that its free, the speed of detection, the audio clips. Thank you Tunesat! Thank you!

OTH I find that it only detects a small portion of my placements, normally a few from – MTV, CNBC, UK Ch 4, Telecinco. I get no detections from Discovery, History Ch, Netflix, Peacock, etc … and virtually nothing from all other countries (yes, I have regular BMI royalties from) – Germany, Japan, Sweden, Austria, Canada, Brazil, etc, etc, etc

Would it be more accurate if I had a paid account? Though I really can’t justify the cost yet.

What’s your experience with Tunesat?

#41172 Reply
    Afilion
    Participant

Tunesat doesn’t detect on Netflix or in Japan, Canada or Brazil. I use trqk.io (which uses BMAT) as it detects some of those countries. Tunesat misses A LOT of my placements probably more than 50%.

#41174 Reply
    RM90
    Participant

I do like Tunesat. It doesn’t catch everything, but it’s a nice free way to see if you’re getting placements in the US and Europe. It is quicker than waiting til you receive your statements. And Afilion is right, it doesn’t do streaming platforms or Asia, Africa, Australia etc. At the least it helps me see how much my music is getting out there, especially when working with new libraries.

#41175 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

I’ve gotten some HBO detections, but not any other streaming platforms for some reason.

#41176 Reply
    White_Stripes
    Participant

you can go to tunesat.com and click the channels button (next to the login) to see which countries and channels are being tracked.

#41178 Reply
    jdstamper
    Participant

White_Stripes … Yes, the channels button shows channels where I have placements, but Tunesat is not detecting … Discovery, the History Channel, Syfy, and others… And countries where I’m not getting detections as well.

#41179 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

i’m not sure why you’re tunesat is not detecting Discovery and a History channel. i get a huge amount of placements on both those networks use the free version of tunesat and always see them show up. it does miss alot thou as others have said and it barely picks up anything for me outside of the US.

#41185 Reply
    White_Stripes
    Participant

yeah as others have said tunesat can be quite spotty, additionaly lately they have some issues again (which seem to affect european channels only).
    so dont rely too much on tunesat and rather use it as a “bonus” tool to catch some of your placements.

oh and to your intial question: paid and unpaid accounts should pick up the exact same number of placements.

#41186 Reply
    Roscoe Foderotz
    Participant

Does anyone know if BMAT picks up better than Tunesat overall? Or better yet, what is the best service or is it better to be a part of all of them?

#41188 Reply
    jdstamper
    Participant

White_Stripes … Agreed, I think of it as a bonus. That’s interesting about paid vs. unpaid – Thanks

Roscoe … Great question! I also wonder if BMAT has a free option like Tunesat. I see they have a free trial but I don’t know if it leads to a free account.

Dannyc … Interesting. I don’t have a huge amount of placements on Discovery or History or Syfy etc … but they’ve been regular royalties in BMI for years, and never a Tunesat detection.

#41189 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

jdstamper.. are the placements lengths you’re seeing on your PRO generally short like less than 15secs? if so that might be the reason they are not showing up on tunesat. when i see them on tunesat they are 30secs or more.

#41191 Reply
    jdstamper
    Participant

Dannyc … In BMI most of my placements are longer than 15 seconds. In Tunesat most of my detections are less than 30 seconds.

#41221 Reply
    chuckhughes2
    Participant

I notice there is no longer any telephone number on tunesat’s website. After logging in to them via Facebook for about 7 years, my Facebook login stopped working, so I tried to use my username and password, only to find out it is wrong. I think tunesat sends my reset requests to my old, no longer available, email. tunesat also does not respond to my email requests to reset my password. Has anybody had success contacting them recently?

#41222 Reply
    chuckhughes2
    Participant

I found the Tunesat phone number in a search, and got the answering service. All their socials are abandoned years ago. Their website talks about their Google+. I wonder if they are on the way out.

#41223 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Try Chris Woods at chris@tunesat.com. Haven’t spoken with him in a couple of years though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
Reply To: Tunesat – Does it work for you?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us