Tunesat – Does it work for you?

Home Forums PROs Tunesat – Does it work for you?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    jdstamper
    Participant

Has anyone else seen this? Tunesat has been behaving odd for about the last 3 weeks. My total number of detections is going up, but the date of my last detection is unchanged … so the “new” detections are being added for some dates in the past.

In scanning my list of detections, I just can’t tell where in the past the adds are being made. I haven’t tried to do a track by track comparison, it’s just not worth it.

#41467 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

One thing about Tunesat that I haven’t seen mentioned here is the free account not only limits you to 50 tracks, it also limits you to 50 detections per month. At least it did when I had a free account. A commercial could easily max out your free account in a week. That is one of the reason’s I started to pay for a subscription.

Is it worth the $600 per year? I haven’t crunched the numbers in detail, but Tunesat found several film & advertising placements from RF sites that I would not have been aware of. These did not have cue sheets so I had to chase the money by filing claims and contacting production companies. Those licenses have brought in low-mid four figures that I likely would have missed out on if it wasn’t for Tunesat.

#41468 Reply
    jdstamper
    Participant

Alan … Thanks, very interesting. I didn’t remember the limit on detections per month. And that’s great that the fee has paid off for you. I only have a few tracks in one RF library, and I think they do a good job of catching usage. But you don’t know what you don’t know.

#41469 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

jdstamper,

I don’t recall seeing the limit written down anywhere on the Tunesat site. I just began to notice a trend of detections stopping toward the end of the month then restarting on the first of the next month. As my number of placements grew I realized they were capped off at 50 per month. That’s when I began paying.

I would guess their accuracy is about 70%. It becomes very obvious if you know you have 2 or 3 tracks in a single episode of a show and they normally miss some.

#41473 Reply
    jdstamper
    Participant

For me, I estimate their accuracy at less than 50%, probably way less. So much of that depends on how what % of your placements fall into the regions, channels, programs, that Tunesat monitors.

Alan … “It becomes very obvious if you know you have 2 or 3 tracks in a single episode of a show and they normally miss some” … Yes, I’ve seen things like this too.

#41474 Reply
    RM90
    Participant

Jdstamper my Tunesat has been similar lately. I’m getting new detections for months where I was already maxed out with 50. In some other cases I only had to look back 5-10 detections to see what just showed up. It appears they are catching up though after the recent maintenance.

#41475 Reply
    jdstamper
    Participant

RM90 … So it’s not just me. Thanks

#41476 Reply
    sweetersongs
    Participant

I’ve used Tunesat for ages and yes it misses a bit bot overall it is great! I would say at this time BMAT is a bit better and picks up more. No fingerprinting or watermarking services pick up streaming because it is not broadcast. Streaming occurs individually one by one, stream by stream, on demand. As for free vs pay on Tunesat it is exactly the same service. The paid service is for more than 50 songs. I have a 1500 song service so I pay. That is the only difference. Hope helpful! 🙂

#41477 Reply
    sweetersongs
    Participant

P.S. to RM90 the 50 song limit is for individual musical pieces not detections so you can thousands of detections as long as it is for the 50 songs.

#41482 Reply
    jdstamper
    Participant

sweetersongs … Thanks, very interesting!

#41809 Reply
    StevieBlunder
    Participant

I’ve had Tunesat paid account for about a year and have been looking at the same 2 detections. I logged in yesterday and found a new detection that I would have to pay for.I cant believe this. I’ve only got 30 tracks with them.I sent a support ticket for clarification

#41832 Reply
    StevieBlunder
    Participant

Never mind..I hadnt noticed that my membership is regional. Its curious that my 2 detections are outside the US

#41843 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

ya i can confirm sweetersongs assessment on the detection process. i would just remove the particular track off the list to not clog up the screen especially if its just the familiar redundant detects

and just an FYI, if you opt for a monthly subscription and decide to cancel later, they will delete your account and will not default back to free (learned that the hard way)

#41844 Reply
    RM90
    Participant

Sweeter Songs, the limit is 50 tracks total AND 50 detections per month. I know cause I’ve maxed it out many times.

#41846 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

RM90 if you meant late detections showing up yes i get that too, sometimes in bulk. i also notice usually a halt in detections over the weekend and would start up again (sometimes in bulk) by tues. along with the lates…

what i was saying (not sure if sweeter songs meant this also) is that detections keep going past 50, you just have to pay to see the details either by piece or subscribe to monthly plan. they dont really stop you just cant see them. i opted to try the monthly just to see what they were (big mistake explained in my previous post)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
Reply To: Reply #41469 in Tunesat – Does it work for you?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us