Tunesat Free vs Paid acct

Home Forums General Questions Tunesat Free vs Paid acct

Tagged: 

• This topic has 25 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by Nan Wilson.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

does anyone here know the difference between tunesats free account for 50 tracks and the premium acct 50 tracks at $35/month? (for US territory)

#31915 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

You don’t get all of the bells and whistles. Check this link for a comparison.

https://tunesat.com/tunesatportal/home/pricing

#31916 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

thanks art, thought thered be detections only the paid acct would detect

#31925 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

i dont know anyone who pays for it.

#31926 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

I pay for it. For me it is worth it. The free account (when I had it) was limited to 50 detections per month. I would sometimes hit that in the first week. I have discovered placements I would not have known about, and been paid royalties I would not have received because of Tunesat.
    The down side is I hear so much of my music on TV that I know I will never be paid for, it makes me crazy. But I’m glad I’m at least aware of it so I can focus my efforts on what does pay.

#31927 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I pay for it. For me it is worth it.

I agree, well worth it. We have two commercials running now that have generated thousands of dollars already (they are still running) and I would have never known about them without Tunesat.

#31929 Reply
    composer
    Participant

I pay for it.

#31930 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

Art,

I’m with BMI and if I recall correctly, I think you are.

If BMI tells me they don’t acknowledge Tunesat, how do I prove my placement if no video is available?

I agree, well worth it. We have two commercials running now that have generated thousands of dollars already (they are still running) and I would have never known about them without Tunesat.

#31931 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

If BMI tells me they don’t acknowledge Tunesat, how do I prove my placement if no video is available?

Takes a bit of detective work. In the case of the commercials I could identify the product (well, one of them I couldn’t but a friend was able to hear the product buried in the mix) I then searched Competitrack until I found them. That took a bit of searching but once I had the Competitrack ad code all I had to do was give that code to BMI.

TV shows are much harder but in some instances I found them on Netflix. I was able to give the timings to BMI and they accepted it. With some channels it’s not worth the effort (REELZ comes to mind).

#31932 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

Glad you were able to figure it our Art.

I have some network , 30 sec promos that I’m trying to chase down. BMI is really not helping me at all.

I love being a Musician. Getting screwed for over 35 years. 🙂

#31933 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I have some network , 30 sec promos that I’m trying to chase down. BMI is really not helping me at all.

Yeah, they are not great at promos and make the excuse if the network doesn’t file they won’t do much about it.

#31935 Reply
    maxquaini
    Participant

About Tunesat there’s something I’m confused about.
    Is that service supposed to find out every song I’m the composer? Or it might miss some of them?
    Also, if I do the research today, will it find my songs on air from today or even those that were on air in the past months?!
    Thanks everyone!

#31936 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

s that service supposed to find out every song I’m the composer? Or it might miss some of them?

Yes, it can miss up to 50%. I have found this with a couple of commercials I have running. No where near the airings as Competitrack reports. TV shows are more accurate.

I believe you can pay extra to have them to look at past detections.

#31937 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

art, or actually anyone whos had exp with tunesat, how long is the delay for a placement to be detected? I had some placements from a show in animal planet back in nov-dec that wasnt picked up, does it take a while? I just have the main track on there, will it not connect the alt versions that were used to it?

#31938 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

how long is the delay for a placement to be detected?

Immediate AKAIK. Tunesat misses at least 20% of TV shows. I upload alt versions.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
Reply To: Reply #31925 in Tunesat Free vs Paid acct
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us