Tunesat Free vs Paid acct

Home Forums General Questions Tunesat Free vs Paid acct

Tagged: 

• This topic has 25 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by Nan Wilson.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    NY Composer
    Participant

My detections are immediate as well. If you haven’t heard about a previous placement, chances are Tunesat didn’t pick it up.

I have had 30 sec versions and Bed versions picked up.

#31944 Reply
    maxquaini
    Participant

Thank you for your feedback!
    The point is, while most of my works are with an exclusive library and most songs will come out in the next months, last year I had a song – non exclusive – pitched for various shows, the Bellas, the Divas, the whole MTV, and really at least 3/4 more most of them on eTv. The fact the song has been pitched indeed doesn’t necessarily mean it will be used but I can’t believe not even once at least in one show? I was wondering if there’s a way to check it out avoiding to watch the whole shows the whole season 🙂
    Wished Tunesat would have made the job!
    Thanks everyone!

#31945 Reply
    maxquaini
    Participant

Forgot to mention I’m Italian and SIAE (our PRO) pay twice a year – Jan and July – usually one year after the songs were on air… So I’m not sure if should I expect something or not from that placement.
    Still working hard on increasing my portfolio indeed!

#31959 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

I think I may try putting all of my new tracks into SourceAudio.

Not only are they less expensive than Tunesat but they use watermark technology and according to their website, they can actually track a promo and commercials. That’s where I get screwed all the time.

#31960 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

they can actually track a promo and commercials.

But will BMI pay, based on the detections from SourceAudio?

#31961 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

Good question Art.

I was going to call them in a few minutes.

The problems I’ve had with promos, according to BMI, is that if they have no promo log # , it’s impossible to get info. Soooo frustrating. I may be owed thousands of dollars.

IMO BMI doesn’t want to pay anything unless they have actual documentation from the Sup or production Co. I wouldn’t be surprised if they try not to gather the info. I know I may be a little pessimistic but I’ve had real crappy experiences with BMI.

I will ask SourceAudio a lot of questions regarding this. They claim they can get cue sheets from detections too. Interesting.

#31964 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

They claim they can get cue sheets from detections too.

That would be a big plus!

The downside is they can only detect their watermarked file. If you are submitting tracks through music libraries, you would have to submit your watermarked tracks to those libraries. Any placements made through those libraries would be detected. What if any of those libraries were using SourceAudio for detecting uses? Might get complicated?

#31965 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

Art,

I don’t know if that’s the case. It’s sort of confusing because they say when you upload a track, they automatically watermark the track for you, but I see how the pub would not have that data.

I do understand your point.

Calling them now.

#31966 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Calling them now.

See if you can talk to Hunter Williams. Good guy and a fellow musician (drummer).

https://www.sourceaudio.com/about/

#31967 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

Ugggh,

Left a message on voicemail.

Drummer huh? That’s my main toy 🙂

#42498 Reply
    Nan Wilson

You might also want to check out BMAT’s Vericast. I’M BIASED BECAUSE I’M WITH BMAT. A. little more expensive, $55/month, but 200+ US channels and catches way more performances. It may be worth it if you’re songs are getting played on US TV. Contact mili@bmat.com if you’re interested.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
Reply To: Reply #31966 in Tunesat Free vs Paid acct
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us