Tunesat Numerator Discrepancies

Home Forums General Questions Tunesat Numerator Discrepancies

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    jonarranger
    Participant

I’m looking at the Numerator site now – and there’s no hint of how to sign up, or any link to music tracking…they offer all kinds of metrics, but nothing visible about tune tracking.
    Tunesat is obviously focused on tune tracking…and appearances of all uses (web, YT), not just ads
    How do you get into Numerator’s tracking?

#37013 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

How do you get into Numerator’s tracking?

Much harder now. I think there is a contact link.

They track commercials. They are only useful if you know you have a commercial running and want to find the ad code to submit to your PRO.

#37014 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

Much harder now. I think there is a contact link.
    They track commercials. They are only useful if you know you have a commercial running and want to find the ad code to submit to your PRO.

Agreed. Joining Competitrack was simple in 2016. My experience is in line with Art. Tunesat picked up a commercial, I put a claim in with my PRO, they said I needed to give them an Ad Code, I created a then Competitrack account in order to get the ad code. I’ve had a few more since then. They are a necessary service IMO. I suspect (with no evidence) that we composers looking for Ad Codes are an unwanted nuisance to their Marketing based service. If they no longer give out memberships, maybe you could open an “advertising firm.”

#37016 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

@ jonarranger: In order to get a Numerator account, hit the ‘Request A Demo’ button on the upper right side of their page. You’ll submit an email address of yours and they’ll contact you after a few days or so. You’ll tell them you’re a music composer and need a Numerator account in order to search for ad codes and submit them to your PRO. They’ll CC your email then to the person who takes care of the Numerator music users. That person will ask for some more contact info from you (basic stuff like email, phone# etc) and they’ll set up an account for you after 1-2 days.
    At least this is how i got an account there earlier on this year. Hope it helped!

#37018 Reply
    jonarranger
    Participant

I hit the “contact us” form. A guy got back to me within an hour, asking about my business and why I was interested… I replied.
    A half hour after that, I got an email from a person there who handles music tracking accounts (one of the many departments at Numerator). She offered to set up an account… free. Only costs $ for reports, but you can get ad ID#’s free…
    – as opposed to Tunesat that has a signup button right on the front page for a subscription service.
    Anybody know, does Tunesat track YouTube, or postings on library sites? Or both?

#37019 Reply
    jonarranger
    Participant

@Kubed Yes, that’s what happened… didn’t see your post till after I did it…

#37020 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Anybody know, does Tunesat track YouTube, or postings on library sites? Or both?

Yes on YouTube and Facebook. It does pick up Audio Jungle. I don’t see it picking up any others though.

#40703 Reply
    Aeonata
    Participant

Hi,

Does anybody know if promos/ads are usually processed later by US PROS than “cue sheet placements” due to the dependency on Numerator? I had a lot of promo airplay on CNN, Fox News & Fox Business in Q1 & Q2 2022 but no payout yet (I’m with SESAC).

#40704 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Don’t know about SESAC but my experience with BMI is that promos are only paid by the major networks. All networks are supposed to report them but do not. BTW, AFAIK, Numerator only reports commercials, not promos.

#40705 Reply
    Aeonata
    Participant

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Art!

How about Ads, are they usually paid out on time (on BMI this would mean payout in the 3rd quarter after they aired if I’m correct) or are there any further delays to be expected/common?

Also, what channels are considered to be “major Networks”? Fox News is part of the Fox Network, but are their sub channels (also CBS Sports etc.) considered major?

Thanks in advance!

#40706 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Ads are usually placed 3 quarters later IIRC. Don’t ever recall getting promo on anything but CBS, NBC or ABC. Had lots of promos on the smaller networks but don’t recall any payments from them. YMMV.

#40709 Reply
    Afilion
    Participant

I’m seeing ad codes for nearly all my promos and my co-writers promos on Numerator, even on smaller channels Art. Not sure why you aren’t getting paid on smaller channels. Can you not find them on Numerator?

#40710 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Thanks Afilion, good to know, I will check it out.

#40713 Reply
    uniqueplace
    Participant

Hi Music1234 if you want you can PM me and I give you an email from someone at SACEM who takes care of commercials aired in France.

France doesn’t use Numerator, they have their own way of tracking a commercial…And they let you download some excel files with all the TV spots aired each years, you can download the excel and see if your commercial is inside…

#40714 Reply
    uniqueplace
    Participant

And about Numerator.

I had a lot of commercials in the USA and a lot of discrepancy between Tunesat and Numerator.
    This is entirely normal and due to the fact that Numerator takes into account all airing including locals televisions like Chicago TV, New York local TVs, etc…
    Tunesat doesn’t monitor these local channels..

Also of course the 15s, 30s edits have some impacts on the discrepancies…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
Reply To: Reply #40714 in Tunesat Numerator Discrepancies
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us