Tunesat q:

Home Forums General Questions Tunesat q:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

Hey guys. I had a Tunesat detection on TBS yesterday, in the movie “The Lego Movie.” I rented the flick, and couldn’t find the spot (7 second instrumental placement) Is it possible this could have been a commercial or “logo” placement? Wouldn’t tunesat be specific as to exact usage? Anyone have any experience here? Thanks!

#25673 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Is it possible this could have been a commercial or “logo” placement?

Yes.

#25674 Reply
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

Thanks Art. What kind of research can I do to find out?

#25675 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

What kind of research can I do to find out?

Not much but generally if there is no dialog that could be a tip-off. If the detection is long enough and there is dialog you can usually tell if it’s a promo.

#25676 Reply
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

Good info! Yes, there was no dialogue!

#25679 Reply
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

Update: it’s actually an underscore for the TBS station ID, during the credits in shows like “Friends” “Married With Children,” and is being played numerous times a day. Good news? ?

#25680 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

it’s actually an underscore for the TBS station ID, during the credits in shows like “Friends” “Married With Children,” and is being played numerous times a day. Good news? ?

Unfortunately no. I have lots of those on various networks. Don’t see a dime from them.

#25681 Reply
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

Bummer. Thanks Art.

#25692 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

And if you have a free account with tunesat, those promos can max out your 50 detections per month in a few days. I had a non-paying promo run every15 minutes for three months. It cost me all my tunesat detections.
    I guess you get what you pay for 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Reply #25676 in Tunesat q:
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us