Twitter & music supervisors?

Home Forums General Questions Twitter & music supervisors?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jay

My Twitter account has been inactive for 5 years but I’m looking to get back in the game..There’s a movie being made that I would love to get a song in and the only contact for the MS is Twitter.Is it OK to send a short simple tweet with a link to my Soundcloud? I’m not really sure of the etiquette there OR with music supervisors..any help would be appreciated..

thanks..Jay

#15392 Reply
    Steve Ballard

Sure Jay take a shot. You’ll never know until you try. If you google the person, most of the time you will come up with other ways to contact them. Most of them work for or own companies that offer music supervision and you might be able to contact them through their website.

#15403 Reply
    Jay

I gave it a shot..we’ll see what happens..thanks

#15404 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

A few thoughts here…

Music sups are generally most interested in tracks for whatever their current project is. Blindly sending them tracks that may be excellent but not for their current needs is not all that effective (though you never know). Just talking probabilities here.

So if you can do some homework first and target your pitch more specifically it would help a lot.

As far as a link to your Soundcloud page goes, just be careful. Depending on what level of SC you are (free or one of the paid levels) and how you do this, what they see could vary. I think with the free SC, the latest track you uploaded appears first at your profile link. So, some rough cut thing you uploaded after you sent the link could be the first thing someone sees. The first paid level of SC, let’s you pin your top 5 tracks to the top. I believe the paid levels also allow you to create playlist links. If you do this, you want to be damn sure that the first track(s) they see are your best and what you want to pitch. Alternately, you could send a link to one specific track. Don’t send multiple links though since that could be annoying.

Overall, if you try this once with a sup and are not an overbearing pain in the ass (e.g. if you don’t hear back, let it go), nothing to lose. Be sure your music is truly top notch (I know that’s subjective).

Good luck!

#15409 Reply
    Jay

thanks for chiming in Advice…I have done my homework on this MS and know the type of music this guy uses (and has used) having watched his work several times (he’s also done a lot of TV) – I have songs that might work in the film he’s working on now. My Soundcloud lineup revolves a bit but my stronger tracks are in the top 5 at all times and I sent a link to a “set” in which I set the order of songs..I know these guys/gals are busy and some may be a bit jaded being bombarded with music all day so the tweet I sent was a short polite note with a link..I mentioned my style of music and the fact that it would be quick/easy/fast clearance as I own all rights..and of course I thanked him…this was an experiment on my part to see if I could get on a MS’s radar…I’ve had a lot of TV placements in the last few years and some indie film work but it would be a real step up if I could get in a big budget film..especially considering i’m working on a simple 8 track with very little gear in my bedroom..Jay

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Twitter & music supervisors?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us