Universal Publishing Production Music moves to SESAC

Home Forums Commentary Universal Publishing Production Music moves to SESAC

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Andrea Perry

All of my UPPM tracks disappeared overnight from my ASCAP catalog. They were there yesterday, today they are gone. This is unsettling. I’m wondering if I should be resigning from ASCAP and joining SESAC. If anyone has a grip on this and is in a similar boat, please shed light, because I am confused by what is going on and worried about not getting my royalties.

#24562 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

All of my UPPM tracks disappeared overnight from my ASCAP catalog. They were there yesterday, today they are gone.

Same here. At least we’re in good company –

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7318702/umpg-ole-pull-film-production-music-ascap-sesac

#24568 Reply
    Jeremy P.

Anyone else nervous abut this? ASCAP is about 70% of my income. UPPM tracks make up 50% of my ASCAP. UPPM is about profit, which is fine (I am too), but I’m not buying the spin that they’re looking out for their songwriters.

#24569 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7318702/umpg-ole-pull-film-production-music-ascap-sesac

This article says Ole has also moved production music catalogs from ASCAP to SESAC. Ole owns Jingle Punks; has anyone seen this reflected in their JP tracks?

#24571 Reply
    OverDub
    Participant

Haven’t seen any of my JP tracks move yet.

#24605 Reply
    Jfirst

Since Sesac offers advances to comps, every UPPM and ole comp should call Sesac and demand advances. This doesn’t do much except ensure the switchover will be in your short term favor. I am sure uppm and ole received advances to get them to exit ASCAP. Pubs are scrambling for means of increasing rev…as are composers. Sesac is a “for profit” co unlike ASCAP and bmi…they get funding and have deep enough pockets to smooth this over by taking care of their newly inherited comps. This was a money biz decision and comps should benefit equally. Call Sesac…get that advance!

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Universal Publishing Production Music moves to SESAC
Your information: