Unknown TV Placement

Home Forums General Questions Unknown TV Placement

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RM90
    Participant

Hey guys, just found out about my first TV placement which was in Q1 of this year. Found out through my ASCAP international distribution statement. It doesn’t say a show title, it only says “Television” and that it was in the UK. Anyone know how to find out more information about it?

#33608 Reply
    cozyhand3
    Participant

I am unsure but a big congratulations to you! Nothing like the first one. Happy for you!

#33609 Reply
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

Congrats! IMO the ASCAP international statement is next to impossible to understand. I gave up many quarters ago!

#33610 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

Congrats on the 1st tv placement Randy!

It’s weird there’s no show title.The UK placements on BMI statements seem to always mention the show + episode.
    Maybe occasionally they don’t include that info?

If it’s an exclusive track you could always ask the music library this track is tied to.
    You could also email ASCAP about placements missing this piece of info.
    Do you have a Tunesat account? This could be also helpful in case the UK show gets some reruns in the future (unless you already have a Tunesat account and it missed the placement..).

#33611 Reply
    John Telaak

RM, Unfortunately with the new layout @ ASCAP you usually can’t see placements for international royalties..at least I can’t..the old website gave more info and helped me stumble upon placements I wasn’t aware of…Congrats though and many more to come I’m sure!

#33612 Reply
    RM90
    Participant

Thanks for the info guys! I emailed ASCAP to see if there was a cue sheet or any more info. Surprisingly it was actually a non-exclusive track so I got the publishing and songwriter royalties! I do have the track on tunesat but it never picked it up, probably because I have the basic account.

#33624 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

RM, Unfortunately with the new layout @ ASCAP you usually can’t see placements for international royalties

John, you can always download a PDF or CSV of your statement that lists all the placements. From the choices on the left side of the screen click on “Statements”. It’s in small print right underneath “Earnings”.

#33630 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

Congrats on your first placement!

Now…on to duplicating that X1000!!! <thumbsup>

PS – my first “placement” was on CBS (over 30 years ago), and they quite literally stole the music and used it without permission. Were discovered by a random friend who knew the music, saw it in a quite visible show / up front use, who called and congratulated / alerted me. When contacted by y publisher, CBS said they didn’t know how they got it, or where it came from, or who the writer or publisher was. LOL. To this day I don’t think I’ve been paid for it. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Welome to the entertainment biz!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Unknown TV Placement
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us