Useage of stems revisited

Home Forums General Questions Useage of stems revisited

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ChuckMott
    Participant

I think this topic was brought up before and specifically Soectrasonics was mentioned. I am working with a library who is requesting stems for a sparse tension track I sent, and I was wondering if the usage in isolation was a violation of their contract with me as a composer. Not using their loops, rhythms or arpgeggiations, but using their sound as a base. Would like to answer this the sooner the better, may have to go with alt mixes otherwise.

#21684 Reply
    Paolo
    Participant

Hey Chuck,

You got me wondering too about Spectrasonic’s policy on this (I also use their software) .

This is their response to the question “Can I use Spectrasonics Virtual Instruments in music library productions?

Yes, this is fine. Some soundware companies restrict this kind of use (since music libraries sometimes cross over into the soundware business), but Spectrasonics allows music library use. In fact, we have many customers that use our products in music libraries.

Specific limitations about music library use include the following:

The music in the library must be mixed. You cannot provide separate tracks.

The intended audience for your music library collection must be non-musicians.

#21686 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

Maybe you could get away with adding a simple extra layer to the synth stem.

I’ve been in this position before, and learned that it’s always best to use more than one sound – not relying on one particular patch at any one time.

#21687 Reply
    Chuck Mott

That was pretty clear Paolo thank you.

And yes Mark that would seem to work. Or just alt mixes which they also said they could use.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Useage of stems revisited
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us