Using Mobile Apps for Production Cues..?

Home Forums General Questions Using Mobile Apps for Production Cues..?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bradymusico
    Participant

Hi All!

I’ve been a lurker here for the last several months but been meaning to contribute for some time. So appreciative of all the information and valuable insight from others working in this wonderful part of the biz.

I’m curious how many of you are using mobile apps for any of your production cues? About a year and a half ago, as more of an exercise, I started trying to work on projects outside of the studio, formulating cues in apps on my ipad (occasionally on my laptop) and then finishing/fine-tuning them in the studio before sending them out. I’m a pianist/keys/MIDI guy and I learned that sometimes it was even easier for me to sketch out percussion ideas via my Ipad then actually fussing with various plugins within Logic.

Of course, this is not to say that I do this for everything I write but It’s been fun to be able to work on cues by the pool or out on a hike somewhere…then later hear the placement and remember that!

Anyway – wanted to give a shortlist of some of the apps I have used in some of my work. I know some of these have android apps as well but I am obviously using iOS versions. Please share if you have others!

IPAD APPS

GarageBand
    iElectribe (Korg)
    BeatMaker 2
    MusicStudio 2
    Studio HD (Looptastic HD is a sister app)
    DrumJam
    Drum Loops HD
    FunkBox
    Bebot
    Geo Synth
    GrooveMaker

Happy Muziking 🙂 – Ryan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Using Mobile Apps for Production Cues..?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us