Using RF Commercial Sample Loops In Library Productions

Home Forums Newbie Questions Using RF Commercial Sample Loops In Library Productions

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Nickolas 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

hubcat
    Participant

I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts in general about using RF loops in library productions. I know some companies don’t like them but the practice is so prevalent in popular music in general that I was curious if that was changing. I recently came across a package of solo trumpet loops at Loopmasters that could be very useful but I don’t want to waste my time if they are still widely frowned upon.

#27640 Reply

Art Munson
    Keymaster

I recently came across a package of solo trumpet loops at Loopmasters.

I recently used some great harmonica licks, from Loopmasters, in a track.

Just make sure they are not in the clear and use judiciously.

#27650 Reply

hubcat
    Participant

Hi Art, thanks for your input. One more question. When you say “make sure they are not in the clear” do you mean a passage where just the loop is playing by itself so it could be reused on it’s own?

#27651 Reply

bigdrawwz
    Participant

I’d like clarity on “not in the clear also”? And what about changing the key and slowing the loop down? Thanks

#27656 Reply

Art Munson
    Keymaster

When you say “make sure they are not in the clear” do you mean a passage where just the loop is playing by itself so it could be reused on it’s own?

Yes.

#27657 Reply

Art Munson
    Keymaster

I’d like clarity on “not in the clear also”? And what about changing the key and slowing the loop down?

You could change the key and/or slow it down but it would still be against their EULA (End User License Agreement) to leave in the clear.

#27666 Reply

hubcat
    Participant

Thanks Art

#27738 Reply

maxpower
    Participant

I use pre-cleared RF samples and loops all the time, but sparingly. Using them extensively or using ‘construction kits’ in the age of digital fingerprinting can and will lead to copyright infringement issues, as too many people are using the same kits which essentially makes their tracks identical.

#27742 Reply

Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Yeah, loops are great to add an authentic sound to an original composition. Like an instrument difficult to own and learn like a pedal steel guitar, or traditional instruments from another country. The first thing I do after purchasing a loop product is print out the license agreement and store the hard copy in a file so I can find it quickly if I have any question about how they can be used!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Using RF Commercial Sample Loops In Library Productions
Your information: