Using Splice samples – is it problematic?

Home Forums General Questions Using Splice samples – is it problematic?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    mediamusicnow
    Participant

cyberk91 Thanks for posting that link, I had not seen that. Brilliant, really illustrates what can happen 🙂

#38566 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

My understanding – and I have not researched this deeply, as I do not use slplice – is that with libraries such as Heavyocity and NI, etc. they create their own libraries and vet them fully – whereas with Splice, there are user uploaded libraries that may not be vetted as well as the big libraries. And that is where the rub comes in. That is where the copyright issues may rear their ugly heads. I have been personally advised not to use Splice as they have copyright issues attached. Take it with a grain of salt. Again, I don’t use them, have been advised against it in the way I create music, and so I don’t. But that is something people should be aware of. Best of luck.
    -=LAwriter=-

#38585 Reply
    Ryan Harrison

I’m guessing we can put Loopcloud in the same category?

#38587 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Yes… Same rules apply for Loopcloud .

#38665 Reply
    jhewitt79
    Participant

So, what’s the point of purchasing samples or loops if they can’t be legally used and monetized as part of our original compositions?

#38666 Reply
    Paul Biondi

So, what’s the point of purchasing samples or loops if they can’t be legally used and monetized as part of our original compositions?

Some EULA agreements are more restrictive than others. It takes maybe a few minutes to read through one, but at least you know before you buy what the loops can and can’t be used for.

And like LAWriter stated, if the loops aren’t fully vetted, that can lead to unpleasant surprises.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: Reply #38563 in Using Splice samples – is it problematic?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us