View upcoming uses (BMI)?i

Home Forums Newbie Questions View upcoming uses (BMI)?i

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    JD

I know I can view my past Royalty Statements on the BMI website, but is there a way to see what cue sheets, or song uses, have been filed before the next payout date? Or is it all an “exciting surprise” when the statement comes out? 🙂

#13625 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Unfortunately no.

#13626 Reply
    JD

Damn.
    I guess that’s why Tunesat exists.
    Thanks Art.

#13627 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I guess that’s why Tunesat exists.

Tunesat does miss about 20% (according to them) but others think they miss more.

#13629 Reply
    The Dude

ASCAP has an option now that you can view your filed cue sheets, if I’m not mistaken. That would be a great function for BMI, perhaps if there is enough interest from composers, they’d consider it.

#13638 Reply
    More advice

@the dude,

ASCAP has been displaying filed cue sheets since 2010. BMI shows “some” cue sheets, but should show all of them.

#13640 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

BMI shows “some” cue sheets, but should show all of them.

Where is that function? I’ve never seen a cue sheet on BMI’s website.

#13646 Reply
    The Dude

The only “cue sheets” I’ve ever seen from BMI are when a cue is registered from a cue sheet. It’s just a work registration with the name of the show, but not a full cue sheet. With ASCAP, do you actually get to see the full cue sheet, with all of the cues used, publisher info, production company, etc…?

#13648 Reply
    More advice

The dude is right. When a cue gets used, the cue gets registered in the Works catalog section of BMI’s site and will look like this:

BEVERLY HILLS NANNIES CUES – IT S THE NANNY LIFE FOR ME – Cue Sheet

Then click on it then click on

View background cues included in this roll-up

There will be information of writer and publisher on that cue and it will also give the title of the cue. The problem is that BMI does not show the entire cue sheet. ASCAP does a much, much better job in that department. I can see the entire cue sheet, every writer, every publisher, etc. It’s cool being on Cue Sheets with Adele, Sheryl Crowe, and others.

#13649 Reply
    euca

@the Dude, Yes ASCAP you get to see the cue sheets with all the cues, the publisher, series and episode titles, expected air date and the types of performances. It does not show the production company though, at least not that I have noticed.

#13650 Reply
    euca

Sorry more advice, we must have posted at the same time.

+1 on seeing your name on a cue sheet with the big boys and gals! I had one along side the Stones, I thought that was pretty cool.

#13651 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

ASCAP does a much, much better job in that department. I can see the entire cue sheet, every writer, every publisher, etc.

The only problem is that there are many mistakes on ASCAP cue sheets. Missing writer/publishing info, incorrect writer/publishing info and incorrect timings.

#13653 Reply
    The Dude

The only problem is that there are many mistakes on ASCAP cue sheets. Missing writer/publishing info, incorrect writer/publishing info and incorrect timings.

Wouldn’t that be the production company’s issue, not necessarily unique to ASCAP?

#13654 Reply
    More advice

I honestly have not seen suspicious mistakes. At ASCAP you see everything on that entire cue sheet, every writer, every publisher, the name of the episode, the date it aired (sometimes)…etc…whereas at BMI you see nothing in advance, just your statement tells the story of what happened with your cues and occasionally we get that roll up I was talking about earlier.

#13655 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

I saw an interview with Sheryl Crow once where she mentioned how exciting it is to be on the same cue sheets as More Advice. :p

Just razzin’ ya, M.A.

😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Reply #13640 in View upcoming uses (BMI)?i
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us