W-8BEN Line 10?

Home Forums Newbie Questions W-8BEN Line 10?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    clarkaboud
    Participant

Hey all,

I’ve just moved and am updating my W8BEN and agreements, etc… and I can’t remember if I was to enter the info on line 10 or not. I didn’t last time, and vaguely remember a post somewhere online saying not to worry about it (no one I sent it into remarked with anything, so I guessed it was all cool?)

Anyway, can’t really find that post, and am wondering, ‘heck, maybe I should fill it in???’. I know what to enter for the Article No. and Rate percentage, but not sure about

“(specify type of income):”, and

“Explain the reasons the beneficial owner meets the terms of the treaty article:”

Basically, do I need to fill it in, and if so – what with?? Any help to my incompetence is greatly appreciated!!

#26194 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I put W8BEN in the search box above and came up with 10 search results. Did you try that?

#26199 Reply
    clarkaboud
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Art. I should have mentioned that I searched here and google prior to asking, and the only relevant result I could find here says “I guess enter ‘music royalties'” (for the specify type of income), Still unsure of the 2nd question.

#26213 Reply
    Tim-b
    Participant

Don’t know what country you are from but I’m from the Netherlands and I fill in the following:
    Article nr.: 13
    Rate: 0%
    Type of income: royalties

I don’t fill anything in at “Explain the reasons…”.

#26220 Reply
    clarkaboud
    Participant

Appreciate the reply Tim! “Royalties” will be it then, just wasn’t sure if there was something “official” to put that I was missing. Thanks for the help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: W-8BEN Line 10?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us