Waves EQ great price

Home Forums Software Waves EQ great price

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Sean

Just picked up Waves Q10 eq on sale for $9 at their site if anyone is interested.  They have a few others at that price but I only bought the eq, just thought I would share the info.

#8066 Reply
    Kenny
    Participant

Is it any good ?

#8067 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

probably not that different from your DAW’s EQ…

there are some good deals on waves.com , but you’ll have to splash a little bit more 🙂

#8068 Reply
    Kenny
    Participant

Yeah I know. Looking into the Maserati collection. Sounds pretty ok, and can be helpful for the jobs where you need to make a decent mix without spending too much time on it.

This EQ is probably a good deal, but I doubt it can do any magic that can’t be done with my stock Logic or Pro Tools EQ’s.

#8085 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

there are some good deals on waves.com , but you’ll have to splash a little bit more 

Would agree with this, really good eq 10 years ago but native DAW eqs easily on a par, if not better than this. I did splurge on Waves stuff in the past couple of months with the huge discounts. API/Neve bundle maybe still on offer, try Audio deluxe.

#8087 Reply
    Sean

Thanks guys good information.  I took a shot without any research since it was only $9. Seems to work pretty well, not ‘magic’ by any means like some of the later releases from other companies.

#8091 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Not wanting to make any advertisment for waves but the Kramer+Maserati bundle for  $199 is a killer 🙂

#8092 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

A really good EQ is the Waves HEQ which is on offer I think. Like #tag I am not an advertisement for Waves stuff as it was way overpriced. With the deals on offer its worth it now.

#8094 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

there are some good deals on waves.com , but you’ll have to splash a little bit more

Would agree with this, really good eq 10 years ago but native DAW eqs easily on a par, if not better than this. I did splurge on Waves stuff in the past couple of months with the huge discounts. API/Neve bundle maybe still on offer, try Audio deluxe

oops can’t get this quote thing together back to front on original  sorry

#8096 Reply
    Kenny
    Participant

Yeah the DAW eq’s are simple to use and overall sounds pretty good I think. I don’t doubt there are better EQ’s out there, but I don’t feel like I’m missing something with f.ex Logics channel EQ.

Tha Api bundle is also something I’m thinking about. But is there really anything in there that is way better than the stock Logic plugs?

@#tag: how useful are the Kramer/Maserati stuff actually? I konw I probably can get better mixes setting up my own signal chain, but it sure will take me some time.
    I was thinking about this ones for situations when it’s not worth the extra hours, and I maybe can save some time with these plugs and still get a very decent and useable result?

Sorry if this beacme too much of a gearslutz thread 😉

#8097 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

you can go a long way with Logic’s plug ins… but API and Maserati are a couple of steps further…best thing is to try them out yourselves, you can download an evaluation copy I think

#8098 Reply
    DMCPRODUCTIONS
    Participant

Hey Kenny,

I would say that the Waves API stuff is in a different league from the stock logic eq.  The stock Logic EQ sounds better than the Protools one but lacks character (which is what you want sometimes).  The API is superb for broadstroke sweetening/softening, adding bite, beef etc etc.  The compressor (2500) is amazing as well for the master bus/drums etc.  Well worth the money imho.

All the best for 2013!!!

#8099 Reply
    Kenny
    Participant

Thanx folks.

Maybe I’ll give it a try 😉
    Not too happy with stock pro tools plugs myself, but Logic is very usable I think.
    I do have some valhalla plugs which I’m pretty satisfied with, but maybe santa will drop by my studio a litlle late with some waves stuff as well 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Waves EQ great price
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us