What are your predictions for the impact on library music?

Home Forums General Questions What are your predictions for the impact on library music?

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Dannyc
    Participant

US Network pays out great. probably the best in the world from my experience. i’ve personally seen as much as $100 per minute on CBS Broadcast for standard BI.

#34616 Reply
    Music1234
    Participant

Hi Unique Place – Glad this is coming up you made me do a study. Here is a result of my data for TV spots from the last statement for 15 and 30 second TV ads:

Major Network performances paid $ 9.77 each on average – ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC are the 4 major networks in most homes in the USA.

Local Television performances paid $4.20 each (on average) broadcast – This seems to be skewed because I had a couple of line items that showed “lump sum” payments of $200 or so, the majority of the payouts were $1. I have a feeling the $200 line item may represent a few hundred broadcasts on one local channel. I just don’t know, but I doubt one local broadcast would ever pay $200 for a 15 second ad.

Cable TV performances paid $1.12 (on average) per broadcast.

So even if you had say 50 air plays, your royalties should have been around $200 to $350. But again, it does not make sense for any advertiser to buy just 50 TV spots. They usually buy thousands of them. No , it makes no sense that you were paid $2. Study the statement again.

#34630 Reply
    Ravi

Hi muisc1234,i like to ask you some doubts please your mail id please ?

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
Reply To: What are your predictions for the impact on library music?
Your information: