What do you all think about this contract provision?

Home Forums Contracts What do you all think about this contract provision?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    busterhemphill1
    Participant

Hi all –

I’m being offered a contract for an album with an exclusive. I work with some reputable NE’s, do a ton of reading/ongoing education and am confident on typical deal fundamentals. More opportunities are starting to happen and my knowledge and experience have proceeded apace.

So, the lib is an indie, distributed by APM. Contract is typical (normal share splits they take master in perpetuity), except in one regard: after a (decent) threshold is reached, they no longer share sync fees. Writer’s of course is forever We all know that some usages generate decent sync fees and no backend, which can be positive if it is licensed over and over thru the years. But not if everyone EXCEPT the composer shares in it. I have a good *ish feeling about the lib, plus i have already leveraged another similar album with a different lib (who will share sync $ forever). The lib is legit, not brand new, hard to tell how much business but i have done a fair amount of due diligence. Sometimes we gotta take the plunge to establish something but…thioughts?

#37417 Reply
    busterhemphill1
    Participant

bumpity bump b/c it looks like recent queries on this topic are not being seen or respond to by MLR participants

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Reply #37417 in What do you all think about this contract provision?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us