What is your blueprint library work that you know?

Home Forums General Questions What is your blueprint library work that you know?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Glenn
    Participant

Hello all,

I’m very new to the library game and I listened a lot on the RF websites to the best sellers to get an idea of what wil work and what will probably not.

My question to you is what is your biggest and or most impressive library work you know till date? Can be something we most likely all know or something that is just impressive in some kind of way. Can be sales or skills or even better both 🙂

My question is just to get an idea and get extra inspiration.

Thanks!
    Glenn

#30334 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I would say “Americana Morning” is our best selling both on RF sites and for performances, mainly in commercials.

Ironically it was probably the quickest track ever written. It took us about 3 hours and was a pitch for a Nature’s Valley Granola Bar (which we won). Since then it’s appeared in many commercials and currently in an Oxiclean commercial running nationwide.

Listen here: Americana Morning

#30336 Reply
    Glenn
    Participant

I would say “Americana Morning” is our best selling both on RF sites and for performances, mainly in commercials.

Ironically it was probably the quickest track ever written. It took us about 3 hours and was a pitch for a Nature’s Valley Granola Bar (which we won). Since then it’s appeared in many commercials and currently in an Oxiclean commercial running nationwide.

That is very nice Art! Curious how it sounds. Will check it out as soon as possible.

When the flow is there people can rise above themselves.

Thanks for your example!

#30337 Reply
    Glenn
    Participant

That stimulated my imagination! 🙂

#30338 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Nice. Mine is a lot different from yours Art! It’s an African music track, used in two different feature films (theater releases) along with many TV shows and RF sales.

https://www.pond5.com/stock-music/8694178/africa-sway.html

#30342 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Hi there Glenn, I was mainly on the record side of the business till about 2004(?) I have been in so long it is really hard to know which was the most successful. But, my story is a like like Art’s. I had a cue/track, that I personally didn’t care for, but needed one more track to complete a full album for a “Boutique Library” (was picked at random from what I thought were C grade cues) The very first quarter that the album went “Live” it alone got 146 blanket drops. So, I have no idea what will go over, and what won’t..

#30343 Reply
    Glenn
    Participant

Thanks beatslinger!

Maybe my translation was a bit of (english is not my native language)

It can be a cue of your own but not have to be. There must be cue’s that from time to time are talked about in the library world and have a spotlight on it. There are probably 100’s if you are in the game professionally. Cue’s that you think of damn I wish I made that one.

#30347 Reply
    Paolo

Art, thanks for sharing the link to your track. Such a nice, honest feel – Did you play the guitar and bass on this?

There’s something to be said about not overworking things – that great tracks don’t need to take days.

#30349 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Such a nice, honest feel – Did you play the guitar and bass on this?

Thanks Paolo and yes, I did play guitar and bass on it.

#30351 Reply
    Composer Of Notes
    Participant

Real nice Art; I think I have heard it. What is the second chord?
    And I’m thinking since it is on your personal library that all the placements have been non-exclusive. Would you be so kind as to tell us what libraries have placed this piece?

#30352 Reply
    Paolo

Art I hope you don’t mind my sharing what I’m hearing –

@Composer
    Of Notes

What is the second chord?

Art’s tune was so catchy (and myself being a guitar player) I also checked out the chord progression.

It sounds like a I-IV6-ii7 progression in D (Dsus2 | G6 no 3rd | Em7 | D || It’s not the progression as much as what he did with it.

#30353 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Real nice Art; I think I have heard it. What is the second chord?

Thanks Composer Of Notes. 2nd chord is a G with no 3rd as Paolo said but there is also an F# so you have the 6th and a maj7 playing together. I’ve always liked the idea of close intervals on guitar, keyboard players do it all the time. The next chord would be an E minor 9th when I’m on the F# and back to the D.

All the placements have been non-exclusive. There have been Nature’s Valley, Credit Karma but, the latest, Oxiclean, I don’t know where that came from. I’ve also had Henry’s Repeating Arms, McDonalds in Russia (who knew!) and many corporate/howto/publicservice video types I’ve found in my web detections on Tunesat.

#30354 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

It sounds like a I-IV6-ii7 progression in D (Dsus2 | G6 no 3rd | Em7 | D || It’s not the progression as much as what he did with it.

Thanks Paolo. That first chord also has the 2nd and 3rd playing together at times.

#30355 Reply
    Paolo

there is also an F# so you have the 6th and a maj7 playing together

Art, thanks for the additional info. I had that 2nd chord voiced from 6th string to 1st string at frets 3-X-0-0-3-0 I missed the F# – where did you put it 🙂

#30359 Reply
    Kevin Pike

Very nice track Art! That one has staying power. A tune like that doesn’t go out of style.

Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Reply To: Reply #30342 in What is your blueprint library work that you know?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us