What is your cutoff…

Home Forums General Questions What is your cutoff…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ChuckMott
    Participant

At what point do you decide you are not going to contribute to a particular library anymore. How long do you stay in before you say to yourself….results here are leading me to not considering uploading here anymore. Still fairly happy with my top 2 exclusives and top 2 rf, , but others? Well….

#28766 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

I don’t have a set cutoff. When I finish a track I immediately upload it to my proven performers. On days where I don’t feel particularly motivated to write, I will go back through my recent tracks and submit them to the so-so performing libraries and/or the ones that have a tedious submission process.

#28780 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

submit to the right libiraries in the first place and you wont have to do any cut offs. easier said than done 😉

#28784 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

submit to the right libiraries in the first place and you wont have to do any cut offs. easier said than done ?

There is absolutely no way of knowing. The worst musical investments I have made have been with AAA level libraries that people say are virtually impossible to get into. Top PMA libraries. The best musical investments I’ve made have been with libraries that the general composer population regard as “horrible” deals. Go figure…..

There’s only ONE way to know. Check your paychecks 10 years down the road.

#28785 Reply
    Music1234
    Participant

Indeed, initially you really do not know, but then after 7 to 10 years of information coming in (Statements, sync checks, PRO royalties, pay pal transfers) You do know. So I say give your music to those who give you money every month or every quarter. I do have tracks with companies that rarely produce income. I do not send them new music and sometimes ask them to eliminate my catalog from their web site. The “cut off” occurs with companies that do not produce meaningful revenue. I do not consider $250 to $500 a year to be meaningful.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #28784 in What is your cutoff…
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us