What to do now?

Home Forums PROs What to do now?

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Hi; So I signed up for the TuneSat free trial in Nov 2012 and it ran for one month. On 11-15 there was a detection for Comedy Bang Bang on IFC. There were three more detections for the same cue after that.
    So I haven’t seen an ASCAP cue sheet for this and now it’s nine months. I also haven’t been paid or received any notice from any of the libraries that handle the cue that was used.
    I understand now to only register exclusive cues with TuneSat, but this one is non-ex and in many libraries.
    So what do I do now?

Eb

#11599 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Have you tried contacting ASCAP?

I understand now to only register exclusive cues with TuneSat

Not sure why you would say that. Doesn’t matter if your music is exclusive or non-exclusive with Tunesat.

#11600 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

I guess from a tracking standpoint that exclusive cues would be easier to work with. One cue, one library does make it easier to get info about placements.

#11601 Reply
    ScootmanMusic

@DesireInspires – As long as we’re talking about PROs, ASCAP doesn’t care if it’s exclusive, either.

I signed up for TuneSat in December, and sadly their performance was dismal. I have 27 tracks on TV, in movies; etc, that should have been accounted for. It found 1, and also generated 2 false positives(!) I pointed this out to them, they said they’d get back with me about it, and not a word since.

#11603 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

@DesireInspires – As long as we’re talking about PROs, ASCAP doesn’t care if it’s exclusive, either.

Oh I know that.

When I meant tracking, I meant from the composer’s standpoint. The same audio file in different libraries comes up as the same song regardless of the title. But if an audio file is only signed to one library, the composer will know what library placed the song.

Disclaimer: I have not used TuneSat.

#11604 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Thanks ARt; I’ll contact ASCAP Monday.

Not sure why you would say that. Doesn’t matter if your music is exclusive or non-exclusive with Tunesat.

Like she said above, an exclusive track will be easier to track. If I knew what library placed the cue, then I could contact them, but that cue is in over 40 libraries.

#11607 Reply
    deepsister1
    Participant

Can I get some feedback on the pros and cons of Tunesat? And is there a better choice than them if one would like to get some auditing support?
    I’m hearing some no so good results coming from a few of the postings I’ve read.

Thanks
    Deepsis

#11608 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Can I get some feedback on the pros and cons of Tunesat?

I have picked up some extra money by comparing my Tunesat detections against my BMI statement. The downside is that it takes a lot of time to go through the reconciliation process.

BTW I don’t find it a particular problem that I have non-exclusives in my Tunesat account.

#11611 Reply
    gdomeier
    Participant

My experience with ascap on these matters is they will direct you back to the library or the production company.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: What to do now?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us