What's your criteria?…

Home Forums Commentary What's your criteria?…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ChuckMott
    Participant

You’ve been in the music licensing game for a few years, you’ve sprayed your music out to god knows who in the library world, and you have come across some good libraries who have done well with placements. You have a handful of libraries who have done well for you, and maybe a few more you still have some hope for, and are continuing to look for the next steadily placing library, or at least one who can earn you what you would consider a bare minimum for the year. What is your criteria in seeking out new libraries to work with? What makes you want to pass on a library?

#25448 Reply
    guscave

When I first started writing production music I had about 27 libraries I was submitting to. Experience has now shown me that for the most part, that was a waste of time. Today I pitch to 7 libraries. 3 non-exclusive, 2 exclusives and 2 RF. These are libraries that have produced some type of significant income for me.

Lately I’ve tried to contact some music supervisors directly and I’ve also emailed a few top tier libraries, but I haven’t had and response from them. Most don’t even bother to even check out your links.

So until something better comes along I’ll keep submitting to those libraries who are getting me placements and monthly income.

#25449 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Thanks. I am pretty much in the same boat. If I can find 2-3 more good ones, I’d be done for a bit. I was recently following a thread here about writing an album and submitting to PMA’s, and am considering going that route, maybe in the next year. Some NE it is still too early to tell.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: What's your criteria?…
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us