What's your slowest quarter of the year for payouts from the PROs??

Home Forums PROs What's your slowest quarter of the year for payouts from the PROs??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bradymusico

HAppy New Year All,

My slowest quarter is almost always January. This year I am seriously considering the move to BMI from ASCAP. My payout today was approx. 80% less than my October payout. That’s right, 80% less. Thanks to Tunesat and my own TV watching, I know for a fact that ASCAP’s survey is to blame. Of course, I realize that this speaks to a larger problem with the survey system in general but, from what I have read, it sounds like folks are having better luck at BMI. It’s pretty infuriating…

I have seen the other threads on this subject and may have a couple of questions to those of you that have made the switch. Here’s to better future payouts!! – B

#14277 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

January is typically better for me than October. This January statement was 40% higher than October, I was surprised to see six placements on CBS’s The Young and the Restless!

#14280 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

Over the last 20 years I’ve seen no rhyme or reason to payouts from my PRO – BMI. Thank goodness they have been up a bit the last couple of quarters. Late last year and earlier this year were pretty bleak….

LAWriter

#14284 Reply
    Jay

January has been my best for the past 2 years (my only 2 years) and it’s good to hear that there’s no rhyme or reason to it and any payout can be good..I never know what to expect 🙂

#14263 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

My ASCAP payment for January 2014 was almost double the amount for October 2013. I expected a huge drop. April’s payment could be 90% less than this one.

So I have no idea how these things work out. I am not worried about it enough to change PROs or anything. I am grateful for whatever royalties I get.

#15146 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

hi guys & girls,i’m fairly new to this,i registered with BMI last April.I had some placements (8 tracks) in America’s Next Top Model in August-September so,i’m expecting to see some cue-sheets from this show in my 1st BMI statement this month.Does anyone know what should i expect for use of 10-30 secs of BI use on this show?Had a lot of placements in Access Holywood too,i don’t have a clue what to expect from it,what’s your experience with these 2 shows (if any)?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: What's your slowest quarter of the year for payouts from the PROs??
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us