Where are your PRO payments hiding?

Home Forums Commentary Where are your PRO payments hiding?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Mgeezy

And this is not only in BMI, imagine what happens in the rest of the world. I can confirm about the soundtracks from my Eastern European point of view. Especially if the title is localised in a local language, the PRO is basically unable to identify it. Huge amount of the royalties are classified as “unidentified”. It’s a world problem and right holders need to push for it’s resolution not only on a national level. None of the right holders should turn into accountants for that someone is making mistakes and not doing their jobs.

#14226 Reply
    yzzman1
    Participant

Really curious to see how this turns out….could be a very important step in improving this ongoing problem.

#14281 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

Typical….. It’s been a month and no reply Art? It HAS been the holidays, but one would think they might be able to find a way to get to it. Very interested in this process as well. Thanks for reporting.

-LAWriter

#14282 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Typical….. It’s been a month and no reply Art? It HAS been the holidays, but one would think they might be able to find a way to get to it.

Actually, I just got an e-mail today. My contact e-mailed me before Christmas to say he would be off until Jan. 5th.

I’ll be going over the spreadsheet tomorrow but a quick look and some things they agreed with and some need more info. I thought the response was quick considering it was only a few days after his return. Will keep everyone posted.

#15084 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Been adding more and more cue sheets to the reconciliation process with my BMI statements and it’s pretty disheartening. So far 49% of the cue sheets in the system have underpaid or not paid at all! Many of the cues that are are co-written with Robin underpay one of us, or neglect paying at all! So while all the PRO payments we are getting are wonderful, you would be amazed how much money is being left on the table.

#15100 Reply
    music_pro
    Participant

Wow, so Art, when we all can use this system? It sounds amazing!

#15101 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Unfortunately not any time soon but if you can get your hands on the cue sheets you can do it now, on your own. Cue sheets are the key!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Reply #14282 in Where are your PRO payments hiding?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us