Where to find Reference material

Home Forums Newbie Questions Where to find Reference material

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RFactor
    Participant

I have been spending a lot of time on You Tube trying to find scenes from TV shows to get ideas for underscore style music. I am finding lots of ads for shows, but not many scenes? Does anyone have any suggestions for gathering reference material other than just watching? Thanks!

#23510 Reply
    Vlad
    Participant

Movie Scores. If you buy them you have the musical reference AND the mixing reference. Surely TV underscore is different than movie underscore as far as dynamics, but it is a good place to start!

#23527 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

Could you buy an episode of a show on iTunes? To see how how the music is used to picture would be more informative than just listening to the music by itself.

#23528 Reply
    Vizzahh
    Participant

If you’re looking for reality type scenes many of those networks post clips up to stream on their website. I’m thinking of Discovery.com, Bravo etc..

Or, some libraries post clips of their music in the context of the show.. like:

http://www.signaturetracks.com/our-work.php

#23530 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Put in a composer name or tv show in a streaming service. Spotify has whole seasons of Breaking Bad, House of Cards. Put in a search engine music from (inser tv show name here). Find the composers and follow their stuff. Or go to high end libraries like APM or Killer Tracks ( or where ever maybe try a library you are trying ro get into) and put in underscore,guitar tension,or a mood – happy,sad,etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Where to find Reference material
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us