which licensing models do you make the most/least amount of income??

Home Forums General Questions which licensing models do you make the most/least amount of income??

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    i like coffee

Anyone deciding to pursue the performance free market has a) given up and b) decided they don’t want to earn much money from music.

It is sad and desperate and you are being exploited.

Believe in yourself, be patient, work hard and aim higher.

#24921 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

I agree. That’s BS.

Pump/Getty now asks when you upload if you want to be Performance free. You can check a box. They urge you that you can get better sales.

Keep your 40 bucks. I’ll be hopeful and wait for a placement.

#24922 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

I DO NOT do performance free. But…it’s just a marketing tool mostly aimed at non-broadcast consumers who don’t understand that they don’t pay royalties in the first place.

Keep your 40 bucks. I’ll be hopeful and wait for a placement.

I was fortunate to have success with TV theme music, so I got involved in writing BG cues for the same shows. However, when I saw the reality of “placements” (on network affiliates) earning anywhere from $.o9 to $24, Royalty Free (not performance free) libraries suddenly became attractive.

#24925 Reply
    Musicmatters
    Participant

I have all my tracks including loops and stingers set to no less than 60. Sales have been good, I have experimented with bringing it down to 40 with no improvement.

#24930 Reply
    mojorising
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I will definitely not be doing the performance free option. Its nice to come on here and get reminded of what a bad move it is. Have you worked with RF libraries that do blanket licenses? I’m considering signing some songs with one, but it looks like their blankets go as low as 57 per month. So that seems like a good way to place a lot of your songs and not make much money though he said they do share the blanket fees with the contributors.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
Reply To: which licensing models do you make the most/least amount of income??
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us