Why will BMI 2nd Qtr payment be Jan '17 not Dec?

Home Forums PROs Why will BMI 2nd Qtr payment be Jan '17 not Dec?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Pat
    Participant

The last BMI payment was 9/16 so can somebody tell me why the next payment is Jan 13 instead of somewhere around 13 Dec? That seems to me like almost an extra month to wait.
    thx

#26126 Reply
    Frequencee
    Participant

Pat,

If I’m not mistaken the regular royalty payment schedule has been the following:

January (Q2 of the prior year)
    March (Q3 of the prior year)
    June (Q4 of the prior year)
    September (Q1 of the current year)

Bummer for that 4 month gap between September and January’s distribution however I guess it make up for it since we get two payouts close together at the start of the year.

#26127 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Always wondered about that myself…. would love to get a little $$$ before Christmas!

#26128 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Year end taxes.

#26129 Reply
    Frequencee
    Participant

Agreed! @daveydad

Don’t our ASCAP friends get more frequent payouts throughout the year? I thought I’ve seen that they break up the domestic and international separately.

#26130 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

I’ve seen that they break up the domestic and international separately.

Domestic and international distributions, as well as publisher distributions are at different times.

#26131 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

Thanks for the responses guys. I looked at previous statements and I guess I just never noticed that it’s always been that way but like Frequencee said, at least there are two statements close together at the beginning of the year so It all works out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Reply #26126 in Why will BMI 2nd Qtr payment be Jan '17 not Dec?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us