Writing music for someone else’s YouTube page

Home Forums General Questions Writing music for someone else’s YouTube page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike Marino
    Participant

A good friend of mine has asked me to write some music for various video projects for his YouTube channel. He has some money to pay me upfront for the music but I’m wondering if there’s ALSO a way for me to earn YT royalties either through my PRO (BMI) or perhaps another way WITHOUT interfering with the channel’s monetization or causing issues down the road with copyright issues.

The channel currently has ~150K subscribers, and we’d be starting a second channel as well. The information on this sort of thing seems very difficult to find as most of it is catered to writing music for your own YT channel.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

#39780 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

ADREV will only collect royalties and not issue copyright strikes. At least that was my experience with them. I’m now with Identifyy and so far they have not interfered.

#39781 Reply
    Mike Marino
    Participant

Thanks Art! So would the process then be: register the tracks with BMI, register the tracks with ADREV/Identiffy/etc (one of these organizations), have my friend sign a licensing agreement for the use of the music, and we’re good? Or is there another direction you might recommend taking this in?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #39780 in Writing music for someone else’s YouTube page
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us